Revitilization of Therengia 07/07/2016 05:00 PM CDT

Over the years the population of this area has declined to be pretty much moot. Lets face it there are much better options for people to put down roots due to ease of access to various things especially if you're on the Langenfirth side of the lake. Which is a shame since the people who are here are generally nice but will end up moving on once they can no longer sustain how they live or train.

Hunting: We have a great variety of things to hunt, to a certain point, but are the only province without a high end critter to test our mettle against. (Sky giants being the end of the line) Lets face it, the biggest pull to places is usually what is there to hunt and eventually people will leave when they go beyond that threshold.

Crafting: It seems counterintuitive that a defensible location such as the keep doesn't even have a forge. I'm not saying we need a huge crafting hall for each area of expertise but even having a local supply depot for our various gathered materials would be an improvement.

Ease of accessibility: The rope bridge, people hate it, people hate it even more when someone is on it, and most when someone is on it and not moving. String more ropes along, have it based off athletics, or heck lets make an actual bridge.

I'm sure there are lots more areas to improve upon but these are what come to mind first and if you read through that thank you for your time.
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/07/2016 05:19 PM CDT

I completely agree that the title of this thread is something that needs some attention....

Over the last couple of years I've spoken to many players about Therenborough and Lang, but recently when I've asked people to travel up, the answer is generally "Why?". Having thought about it more, and the questions that followed, I can see why nobody comes here anymore....

"What's decent to hunt up there?" - Well, if your higher ranked than gryphons, then your pretty much out of luck there, sorry.

"Can I set up business and have a shop there?" - Sorry, no plaza, closest one is Haven, but as a trader if you also want to hunt, its likely you'll do a lot of running back and forth to Lang.

"Can I continue crafting up there?" - Sorry, no crafting halls, again you'd have to do a lot of back and forth

"If I wasn't overly worried about craft or trade, and could live with poorer hunting areas, there are guilds and stat training, right?" - Sadly, these are limited and mostly in Haven.

"So I can't craft, I cant trade, I can't hunt as well as I would in other areas, I can't make regular trips to my guild, and I can't train my stats there.... Why would I move there, is it an active place? - Well, a couple of years ago we got attacked by an orc called Viggu, but that was mostly Haven too....

"I'm not coming to live in Therenborough"

While the above seems pretty harsh when written down, I can't deny that Therenborough has zero appeal to most of the player base.... and thats my main concern... Being part of an order, in an area with four different brigades.... We are lucky to get 10 characters in Therenborough... the population dictates the membership, and both are quickly falling.

In the past, Therenborough was a target for "bad guys", it was fun to have the good vs evil battle, but as the bad guys have grown in ranks, the good guys have either left the area as they have outgrown it, or are new up and coming characters.... either way, what used to be 500 ranks vs 500 ranks, has now become 1000 ranks vs 500 ranks, which isn't fun for either side.

I do know that there are thins in the pipeline for Therenborough and surrounding areas, but the area has needed some attention since well before 3.0 was released, and thats a good 3-4 years ago! When players in the area having nothing to entertain them for 4 years, they will train, and 4 years of training takes them well out of Therenborough, and even Therengia.

I've posted things like this before, in fact I tend to post one annually, but I see little progression - Its a shame, as the base is there to build on
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/07/2016 06:00 PM CDT
It might be nice if someone built the kings road area that's been under construction between Haven and Therenborough since the province's inception. Therenborough itself features are really bizarre room layout that has always kept me away. I get lost in there all the time and it doesn't really channel people anyplace.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/07/2016 06:27 PM CDT
I totally agree with all that has been said. It would be wonderful if crafting was added to the area along with high level hunting. It would add so much to enjoying Therengia and it would really help the role play in Therengia.

- Felicini
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/07/2016 06:35 PM CDT
Couldn't agree more with everything said. To add, we can even create roleplay to create these things. Have people in the area gather materials to build a bridge, or more ropes, the forge, etc. We can become apart of he building in that regard by being the ones that have to perform different tasks to get certain things in the area. Like we have to gather so much wood for the bridge to be made, or braid so much rope for another rope to be added. (Finally a reason to braid eh?)

We're not asking for the moon, and I'm a firm believer that as an Order we can bring more people North for events and such, but they're not going to linger without somewhere to plant their feet as Somni said. I think we have a real chance to make some solid roleplay here. And this is outside of adding hunting, having invasions, and the court being more active. These are just staple things to bring more folks over. There's some great hunting in the North, but not everyone has the patience when they're accustomed to having these amenities closeby.

Colonel Kristalline Kreine
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/08/2016 03:45 PM CDT
As a current citizen and someone who is hunting Gryphons, I would love to see all of this stuff posted occur as well. We need some love in Therengia. :)
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/09/2016 02:02 AM CDT
I can only comment on the part about the court being more active so I will. In general I try to have a major audience every couple of months and I often have impromptu smaller audiences to take on current events such as the Drogor altar and other events of that degree. This includes walk abouts by the Mayor of Riverhaven and other GMPCs involved in Therengia. But the high nobles and royals are not going to be seen as often. The Baron is ruling a province and his nobles are ruling their parts of it so they are not readily accessible and really they shouldn't be. I always put up notice of the major audience and try to make sure people notice that I am about do something on the spur of the moment as well. You may miss some of these events because we are in different time zones or my work schedule makes it hard for me to get here at a prime time. But I assure you the court is alive and well and as active as I can make them.

GM Quarel Veryan P-2 Events.
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/09/2016 11:56 AM CDT

Thanks for the reply Quarel, its nice to see the points have been read so soon.

Regarding the royals, nobles, leaders and court, I don't expect to see these people all that often, and there has been an increase in the Baron's appearances recently, which is always a good thing for Therengia.

I think the core of the problem is more, if things carry on the route they are, there won't be anyone left in Theren to attend the audiences.

The focus of DR seems to have switched in recent years, meaning the player base sees much less interaction in the core "day to day", and more focus being placed in micro transactions to play in quests, festivals, and special events. This is fine, but if "day to day" now means generic training, Theren offers nothing for 95% of the game.

Generic day to day in Dragonrealms is now hunting, trading, and crafting..... If one area has these, and another area doesn't, the population will shift dwindle in the area lacking what people require.

I'm sure most people who have posted would agree, nobody is asking for the world in these posts, just the generics that other provinces have, so that the population can return, and the brigades can stay alive.
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/10/2016 01:24 PM CDT
All of these things need to happen. Improvements to the keep, more GM interaction. A story line that does not take 5 years to complete. Or one that does not fizzle out after two or three installments. I have submitted an idea for what could be an awesome plot line (after some refinement) but it's been met with nothing but silence. Tell me, in the last five years how many expansions has WoW had? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of that game. The point it that nothing happens to get us involved. Theren is suppose to be a majestic kingdom of Paladins and honorable people. Why is the keep in shambles? The brigades and orders are there to defend the populace. Against what? 75% of the current players in Theren don't even know who Viggu is! Not long ago I let a group to viggus lair in hopes that someone would see it and give us some RP on the matter. Again, nothing. I'm trying to be an active and contributing player here. Throw me a bone. Throw us all a bone. My thought on the matter are that if you help people like me produce RP the people will come. I have all but given up, ask my friends. My attitude has changed toward everything. I dislike it very much. I want better RP for my character. I want to achieve the goals and dreams that I as a player have for him. Maybe that's crazy... But I don't see it happening with the path we are on. I want to help. Please let me. Others do also, please let them? Let's make Therengia the shining jewel of Elanthia. Btw this is probably my first post on this forum.... I hope that gives everyone some idea how much this means to me. *end rant*
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 07/11/2016 01:04 AM CDT
I feel would like to point out that just because all emails are not answered that does not mean that they are not read. I read every email and every post in the forum folders that are pertinent to me. I also feel that I must point out that many things both in game and out can cause a hitch , pause or complete halt in an event time line. This is an unfortunate side effect of not only being a GM but having a full time job and other factors as well. There are also aspects of what you want done that require more than one GM to work together but sometimes this is not possible because there are other projects that have a higher priority. This is not to say that more RP isn't needed, it is, and as some out of game situations calm down I hope to get back to up to speed soon.

GM Quarel Veryan P-2 Events.
Re: Revitilization of Therengia 09/29/2016 04:55 PM CDT

Can we bring this thread back to life, based on the recent postings around events in each area? I think the majority of the points raised are still valid