City of Theren(zombie/construct bug) 08/24/2013 11:31 AM CDT
On a trip to Therenborough last night I tried twice to set a zombie at two different location in the city limits to stir some RP, I also placed a construct as well. One location was inside the keep itself and I placed a zombie, the other two were just outside the drawbridge. AS SOON AS I moved rooms the zombie or construct despawned and the second I typed PERCIEVE I got the messaging that I could no longer detect its creation. This never existed as a bug when I used to come up to Theren to play, I feel like it was added intentionally and consider it a low-blow to the anti-theren necro RP is that is really the case.

In the case that its just a bug, disregard my ramblings I was just frustrated because it was one of a few things not related to the players at all that disrupted the attempt.

My e-mail you have it you want logs or whatever I'll dig them out.

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: City of Theren(zombie/construct bug) 08/24/2013 10:37 PM CDT

After speaking to GM Alvy we have reached the conclusion that nothing has changed on purpose in any way in the rooms of the keep or Therenborough. Implying that we would do something like that on purpose is just a bit insulting don't you think? That being said I am sure the BUG report will be reviewed and if any action is needed it will be taken.

GM Quarel Veryan
Re: City of Theren(zombie/construct bug) 08/24/2013 11:03 PM CDT
Seems like it warrants some testing. Maybe have someone stand somewhere in the keep or the rock tunnels and see if it still happens. If it's not a zone boundary, maybe it's something up with the drawbridge portal itself?

...kind of an awkward thing to test, though. Maybe someone can do it over in TF? Or is there any other summon that behaves like a zombi? (guardian spirits?)
Re: City of Theren(zombie/construct bug) 08/25/2013 12:00 AM CDT
>Implying that we would do something like that on purpose is just a bit insulting don't you think?

That is up to your own perception of things I suppose if your insulted by such things you might consider it an insult.
The fact that I seem to get loaded with GM repercussions everytime I try and engage in RP with a group of players would make someone think twice about situations like that, don't you think?

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: City of Theren(zombie/construct bug) 08/25/2013 12:30 AM CDT
> Implying that we would do something like that on purpose is just a bit insulting don't you think?

I'm not trying to insult anyone, one persons perceptions differ from anothers however.

I try and engage in some public roleplaying situations and nearly EVERY time I am met with some mechanic that stops or interferes with my RP in progress with the players. So I am sorry if I come off that way just a little frustrated with it all. When I see things happen repeatedly like this instance when I could place the zombies and constructs there and move rooms and have them stay before, coupled with the fact that I or someone involved in the RP scenarios at hand almost always gets cheated by some mechanic "natural justice" or GM driven does not make for a very positive outlook on things.

Re: City of Theren(zombie/construct bug) 08/25/2013 01:31 AM CDT
No GM can change a room setting without going through more than one step/approval and it's not even remotely likely that an approval would be issued to nerf a room against necromancers. We would not be allowed to do it and we would not do it.

That is the bottom line.

GM Quarel Veryan
Re: City of Theren(zombie/construct bug) 09/21/2013 07:05 PM CDT
It's a little late, I know- But if you want to test in TF, I believe I have a char up near the Keep. Just hit me up at my play.net addy.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy