Travel between Haven and Theren 03/07/2013 10:59 AM CST
I'm creating a script that involves travelling between these two areas via Jantspyre river and Mistwood forest. My question involves the rope bridge in the orc scout/warcat area. Right now i'm seeing about 20-30 second RTs for each section of the bridge...will this RT get reduced over time with more Athletics skill or some other stat/skill? I'm sitting at about 200 Athletics, 40 agil/reflex and 35 strength currently. Usually when i climb the bridge, i am not wearing any armor either. Also, is it possible for Scouts/Warcats to spawn while you are stuck in RT on the bridges? If so, i may want to consider leaving my shield equipped while travelling.
Re: Travel between Haven and Theren 03/07/2013 11:02 AM CST

While you are on the south side of the bridge, either stuck in RT from getting off the ropes or waiting for somebody else to get off so you can get on, you do have to worry about orcs/cats spawning. Once you're on the bridge, however, no worries there. When travelling south, you'll want to add in a spot for retreating in case an orc has advanced you. I'd leave the shield on, have seen many deaths at the hands of orcs there.

And no, the RT for moving along the ropes does not decrease at all to my knowledge.
Re: Travel between Haven and Theren 03/07/2013 11:03 AM CST
I don't think that I've seen the RTs go down.

The orcs/warcats will only spawn in the first room on the south side of the rope bridge where you'll get stuck if someone else is already on the bridge/where you exit the bridge with RT. A shield is still a good idea for the trip though in case someone was waiting and they've already spawned on that side, they'll generally reach melee before the RT ends in my experience.

They don't spawn in the rooms of the bridge itself.
Re: Travel between Haven and Theren 03/07/2013 11:03 AM CST
Double your skills/stats and I still get 20-30 sec RTs on the rope bridge. Pretty sure that there is no reduction to the RT for climbing on it.

>>Also, is it possible for Scouts/Warcats to spawn while you are stuck in RT on the bridges? If so, i may want to consider leaving my shield equipped while travelling.

They will spawn on the southern side of the bridge while you are still in RT, so I'd suggest just leaving your armor on. The skill check for climbing across only takes around 50 ranks in Athletics so armor shouldn't effect you any.
Re: Travel between Haven and Theren 03/07/2013 12:03 PM CST
Thanks for the timely responses. Kinda depressing the RT doesnt ever go down. I definitely forgot that only one person can be on the bridge at a time, so full armor definitely sounds like the way i'll be going.
Re: Travel between Haven and Theren 03/07/2013 12:19 PM CST

The RT definitely doesn't go down with more athletics. I would love to see that happen, and I would love to have the ability to shake people off the ropes. Just sayin'.
Re: Travel between Haven and Theren 03/08/2013 05:01 AM CST
Dymascus, you should google Kraelyst's mainland travel script. I've been using it for years. Also, you should look into the genie front end and the automapper which will get you from point A to point B quite well. I hate to see you try to reinvent the wheel.

"Nope, I decided parry will remain completely and utterly useless. Try something else."
Re: Travel between Haven and Theren 03/08/2013 05:53 AM CST
>I would love to have the ability to shake people off the ropes. Just sayin'.

AHHH!!!!!! Well, I just don't like waiting for the rope and I feel bad when I leap on the rope someone had been waiting to get on. oops.

-Rixie
Re: Travel between Haven and Theren 03/13/2013 11:13 AM CDT
I used to use kraelyst's scripts. Been a genie user for the past 5 years though, so when they added the automapper, i instantly fell in love with it and prob wont use anything else. automapper wins out over kraelyst's scripts only because you dont ever have to be in a specific room to start. The actual movement aspect of my script is cake, i was mainly just trying to see if things would ever get any easier