Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/08/2012 10:25 AM CDT
Thanks in advance.

Additional questions:

1. Who is the decision maker on this issue? Happy to bug them directly via email.

2. I recall (I hope correctly) that the orc slayers are part of a future event. I assume (although I do not know) that once that event is complete, those orcs can be released to the general population.

Who is in charge of this future event? I am happy to bug them about getting that event going and resolved.

Thanks.

Madigan
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/08/2012 12:26 PM CDT
<<2. I recall (I hope correctly) that the orc slayers are part of a future event. I assume (although I do not know) that once that event is complete, those orcs can be released to the general population.>>

This would be outstanding!
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/08/2012 09:40 PM CDT

The Orc event is an ongoing event not a future event.

GM Quarel Veryan - P-2 Events.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/09/2012 08:17 AM CDT
No doubt on that one Q. I suppose I am under the impression that that particular area (and creature) are tied to a very specific thing (the orc event?). The Viggu event has been on-going (which is awesome by the way) for a very long time (3 years or so now?).

The challenge (at least for me) is that:

1. I rather like Viggu hanging around for a long time. Love the orc stuff and it makes for a very cool, long-term conflict RP.

2. But, if that is what is holding up the release of that nice high level hunting area...I want that event to wind down so I can be in Theren.

Maybe there is something within the long-term event that can trigger that hunting area open? By the way, I absolutely get the request primarily benefits my personal character (a few others fit in the same category as well). I do not want to stop or hinder a long term RP event (that benefits a ton more people), but maybe we can have some "goal" within the long term event to key that place open?

Tossing out ideas I suppose.

Madigan
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/09/2012 08:48 AM CDT
I agree with Madigan, mostly for this >>2. But, if that is what is holding up the release of that nice high level hunting area...I want that event to wind down so I can be in Theren.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/09/2012 06:15 PM CDT
Shockingly, I agree with Liuri.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/11/2012 05:47 PM CDT
Q: Why can't dillos be brought to the mainland?
A: Dillos can't swim (a GM response from a while back)

> teach swim to dill

* Driving in like an adept combatant, an adult desert armadillo growls lowly and swings at you. You evade, barely managing to get out of the way.
[You're invigorated, incredibly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
>
* Moving like a striking snake, an adult desert armadillo slashes fiercely at you. You evade, barely twisting out of a tight spot.
[You're invigorated, incredibly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
>
I could not find who you were referring to.

Whatever I tried.

- Buuwl
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/11/2012 05:51 PM CDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7Cv1zj2bU

You snap your furry fingers.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/11/2012 05:53 PM CDT
>>Buuwl

I'll admit it, I laughed.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/12/2012 12:36 AM CDT
Why can dillos invade Lang?
A: BECAUSE WE SAID THEY CAN!

Srsly, give me a cage and some rope or something and I'll go catch a few hundred of em. We can ship em to Theren, drop em in a canyon somewhere where they can't easily climb out, and Theren can send its exiles there instead of however many hundred miles away. If you don't want people just moseying back, put a gate there and only allow passage one way. Make people walk a long distance and cross a river or something to get back. Or officiate the 'banned list' notion via mechanical support and have the guards tell people on it to piss off. Opportunity meets convenience.

Cmon, we've got man-made rivers/lakes in this world, killer bees were genetically engineered by men, escaped from a facility and ended up spreading and multiplying like crazy throughout the world. All it requires is a little effort and a lot of crazy. Armadillos are just stupid mindless beasts that happen to occupy the very top end of the food chain in their respective habitat. There is probably 100+ hospitable places in Elanthia for them to live. Why can't a crazy NPC ala Mibgluc pay some adventurers to go catch a bunch so he can go do crazy stuff with em involving threats of violence and possibly world domination? Sounds like some great RP for Riss aka script island right there.

Food for thought.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/12/2012 07:10 PM CDT
or... make zombie dillo.

command zombie leave.
go moongate
command zombie come

a risen dillo comes into the area.

All you need is a skilled and cooperative Moonmage to cast that moongate. :-)

you guys could have some fun with that. :-)

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/12/2012 09:17 PM CDT
...am I the only one who has intense trouble parsing 'dillo' correctly without making it into a completely unsafe word for the forums?

An undead dillo would be a trully terrifying thing, if it was my misreading.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/12/2012 09:42 PM CDT
>>Ucu

Yeah... I have a horribly bad habit of automatically re-arranging letters/words or substituting letters within words here and there. It's kind of a safe guard so I don't accidentally say something I'll regret and have someone(Catleena I'm looking at you) tease me endlessly for it after the fact. It's kind of annoying now because it's always the first thing I think of :/

DP Assassins, 'Dillos, Cassocks, the list goes on D:

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/13/2012 07:20 AM CDT

>am I the only one who has intense trouble parsing 'dillo' correctly without making it into a completely unsafe word for the forums?

It's just you.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/14/2012 03:44 PM CDT
>> 1. Who is the decision maker on this issue? Happy to bug them directly via email.

As the P2 Province and Theren Area Guru you're looking for me. Feel free to email.

There are currently no plans to add higher level hunting to Theren, that's not to say it won't be added to P2 but as I've said in the past Muspari is where they'll be heading.

GM Alvy
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/14/2012 03:50 PM CDT
>>There are currently no plans to add higher level hunting to Theren, that's not to say it won't be added to P2 but as I've said in the past Muspari is where they'll be heading.

Hopefully after adding a leather repairer (or turning the forge on to fix both), since without it, it's basically un-huntable.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/14/2012 03:56 PM CDT
If you look at the Elanthean maps, there should be a connection somewhere or a route between Hib and Therengia.

Perhaps there could be some expansion to the west beyond where the rakash villiage is, that leads into hib, and then further west you could put some Lyras-style undead <not incorporeal> tiered stuff, and some huntable inquisitioner type tiered critters too!

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/14/2012 07:37 PM CDT
>As the P2 Province and Theren Area Guru you're looking for me. Feel free to email.

Possibly the nicest way to tell everyone to go pound sand I've ever seen.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/15/2012 10:16 AM CDT
>>There are currently no plans to add higher level hunting to Theren<<

I think when people say Theren they mean "Theren and surrounding areas." But this bodes the question why are there no plans to add higher level hunting areas to that area? We've had people asking for years for something there.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/15/2012 10:56 AM CDT
I suppose:

Pros:

1. HLC's are away from smaller characters.
2. It makes people move around when they get a certain fighting level.

Cons:

1. Spreading a smaller player base over a larger area doesn't really promote RP.
2. If you think pushing HLC's "away" from smaller character helps anything, see Exhibit A (the last 3 years of the game where all the HLCs are going to always end up where the "action" is regardless).

That being said...I'll take it. And there is some hope that the orc savage|slasher place might open up.

Madigan
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/16/2012 01:42 PM CDT
>>Hopefully after adding a leather repairer (or turning the forge on to fix both), since without it, it's basically un-huntable.

Actually several of us do hunt there regularly. The fact that there is no armor repair is one of the few reason Mordibar returns to Theren these days, well unless you count the whole duties as part of the militia thing. Now for those with boats, you might actually find the trip home from Kresh easier than from Muspar'i if you happen to miss the barge. Timing is everything and since you can't hear Theren on the gweths from here, gating really isn't a simple option unless you use a shard.

Mordibar
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/16/2012 02:04 PM CDT
>armor repair

please?

also. Muspar'i crafting halls? Of all the cities, I would argue that this is one of the places that they "belong" the most. The city of Muspar'i is centered on the trades and crafts, they've even got entire streets dedicated to it. :)

You snap your furry fingers.
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/17/2012 08:26 AM CDT
<<Now for those with boats, you might actually find the trip home from Kresh easier than from Muspar'i if you happen to miss the barge.

And, there is the issue at least for me. Blows.

Madigan
Re: Any Update on Higher Level Hunting? 06/23/2012 02:13 PM CDT
Hi folks!

Can we redirect the Muspar'i stuff over to that folder, please?

And thanks. :)

=GM Jhustis=
Orders Lead
S'Kra Mur Champion
Muspar'i Guru
Logistics Minion

=="The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary."==