Any Update 09/05/2011 10:53 AM CDT
Big creatures in Theren? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Maybe just turn the switch on the orc savages?

Madigan
Re: Any Update 09/05/2011 12:41 PM CDT
/signed!

I really hope to some day move Drevid back to the mainland (River Crossing, Riverhaven, Rossman's Landing, Therenborough) to live. I used to relish being on Mer'kresh and M'riss, but lately I have come to dread it. So much so that I don't feel like logging in most of the time.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. --John Wayne
Re: Any Update 09/07/2011 01:59 AM CDT
Madigan you know the answer but your concerns are noted.

Drevid, if you're not enjoying M'Riss can't you train in some of the higher level hunting areas that have been added to the mainland?

GM Alvy
Re: Any Update 09/07/2011 10:19 AM CDT
<<Drevid, if you're not enjoying M'Riss can't you train in some of the higher level hunting areas that have been added to the mainland?

I think the new Shard ones are a bit to tough for me yet according to friends that have hunted them and I've spoken to.

Re: Any Update 09/07/2011 07:17 PM CDT
>>Madigan you know the answer but your concerns are noted.<<

Alvy, the answer "no" is really not acceptable here. No portion of the population should be forced anywhere. You hit 800 ranks in something and your reward is an one way trip to M'Riss to spend the next several months scripting. If you don't have a friend who's a high moon mage or access to a boat, you're stuck waiting on the Degan, which is never there when you need it. So by the time you can actually get to the RP event you want to be a part of, it's over and you may as well stay. I'm in assassins right now so I can actually do things with friends. They honestly teach horribly and are buggy. I should be in elders, but I don't want to be stuck there mindless scripting away. I want to be able to stop and go to the Theren Spar Night or get involved in an invasion or a war or whatever event, without spending hours waiting on a boat. It's not fun. A player's reward for getting to a high level shouldn't be "Congrats you hit 150th. Enjoy M'Riss where you can go days without hearing a gweth or speak to another person. You've won so enjoy your retirement until you get bored and quit or sell." You don't want players to afk script/quit/sell but then you force them to the most remote area of the game. It's a terrible game development decision.
Re: Any Update 09/07/2011 07:31 PM CDT
M'riss has basically turn into DR's nursing home. Everyone there is on Thorazine waiting to die. :(

Re: Any Update 09/07/2011 08:35 PM CDT
<<Madigan you know the answer but your concerns are noted.

Here is what I said:

Title: Any Update

Big creatures in Theren? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Maybe just turn the switch on the orc savages?

Think you were a bit snarky? If I am asking for updates too often and that bothers you, just tell me. I have no problem asking for updates less often if asking for an update bothers you enough to post in that manner.

Madigan
Re: Any Update 09/07/2011 09:11 PM CDT
Pendus, I think you may have misunderstood my post to Madigan. I posted that he KNOWS the answer not that I was saying NO to anything. I've discussed the subject of higher level hunting in this folder repeatedly and he's joined in on the threads. Due to that I felt it a pretty straight forward thing to say to him. I'm aware of the higher level players frustration but saw no point in rehashing the subject again at this time.

I don't beleive in ever saying a definate NO to anything due since we're constantly changing the game as the player's needs change. It's one of my personal rules just like you'll never see me dropping hints about new development we're either thinking or working on until something is in QC and almost done. I do beleive in asking players for their feedback on various topics because you guys have hunted the areas, played with the weapons, know what you'd like to see added to the game, etc.

I do see more higher level hunting in the mainland's future but as far as when it will happen I can't comment. If you'd like to email me, feel free!

GM Alvy
Re: Any Update 09/07/2011 09:25 PM CDT
Madigan, If I came off as snarky then I apologize since that was not my intent. I was keeping it short since the subject has been discussed many times and nothings changed as of yet.

When there's something new and exciting ready to come out I'll be the first to let people know. I enjoy making players happy!

GM Alvy
Re: Any Update 09/07/2011 10:33 PM CDT
>>I'm aware of the higher level players frustration but saw no point in rehashing the subject again at this time.<<

I think more of us wouldn't ask if orc savages weren't there already and just about ready to go for an armadillo level hunting area in Theren and the fact that other low-mid circle hunting grounds have been released in the time frame we've been asking for higher level hunting. It's pretty frustrating seeing a post about a new hunting area to find that it's yet another hunting ground we can't learn primary skills in.
Re: Any Update 09/08/2011 04:25 PM CDT
This:

>I think more of us wouldn't ask if orc savages weren't there already and just about ready to go for an armadillo level hunting area in Theren and the fact that other low-mid circle hunting grounds have been released in the time frame we've been asking for higher level hunting. It's pretty frustrating seeing a post about a new hunting area to find that it's yet another hunting ground we can't learn primary skills in.

Thank you

- Felicini