Lost in crocs on NTR 07/17/2013 06:20 PM CDT
Hello all,

I seem to be lost in a maze of reeds in the croc hunting area between the Riverhaven Ferry and the Crossing. Anyone have any tips on getting out of here?
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/17/2013 06:28 PM CDT
>> seem to be lost in a maze of reeds in the croc hunting area between the Riverhaven Ferry and the Crossing. Anyone have any tips on getting out of here?<<

Not sure which area your wanting but if your in the river southerly in the reeds I think your looking for a hummock.
this link should help mind the leeches, or are they blood worms?

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Main_Page

The bucket burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

Suddenly it spits out some niniam field plate onto the floor.
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/17/2013 06:30 PM CDT
> Anyone have any tips on getting out of here?

Wander around at random, typing "go reed" in every room until you get out. If you find the shack, the exit is one room west and one room northwest from it.
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/17/2013 07:01 PM CDT
Great! Thanks everyone!
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/19/2013 03:22 PM CDT
I'm a few days late to respond, but didn't see anyone else mention this.

When in that maze, try to SEARCH

That will tell you what direction you need to go in to find the exit or the shack.
Move that direction and search again to see the next direction to go.

Every once in awhile the directions will lead you in a loop..they'll tell you to move west indefinitely. If that happens, move in another direction to break the loop and then search again to find a new path.
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/19/2013 04:08 PM CDT
>When in that maze, try to SEARCH

Eh, this is a thing? I've always had to leave a familiar at the entrance as a landmark.
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/19/2013 04:11 PM CDT
>>Eh, this is a thing? I've always had to leave a familiar at the entrance as a landmark.

I was curious, so I went to check.

[automapper]: go reeds

[The Marsh, In The Water]
Struggling against the suction of the mud, simply walking becomes a challenge of balance and agility. Thick growths of reeds tower about you making it difficult to maintain a direction as you slog your way through the knee-deep water. Ripples in the water announce your presence with each step you take.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest.

[automapper]: north

Roundtime: 1 sec.
You splash north, moving through the still water.

Struggling against the suction of the mud, simply walking becomes a challenge of balance and agility. Thick growths of reeds tower about you making it difficult to maintain a direction as you slog your way through the knee-deep water. Ripples in the water announce your presence with each step you take.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest.

You search around for a moment.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You don't find anything of interest here.

Doesn't seem to be a thing, at least in Plat.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/19/2013 04:48 PM CDT
>>Eh, this is a thing? I've always had to leave a familiar at the entrance as a landmark.

I think it's a ranger thing?
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/20/2013 12:38 AM CDT
yea its a ranger thing. i used to play one years ago. i believe you had to SCOUT your way out
Re: Lost in crocs on NTR 07/20/2013 07:52 AM CDT
Using SEARCH as a Ranger:

The darkness about you is absolute. Discerning the objects about requires they be inches from your face. Feeling your way about you touch fur, then realize it is cold wet moss. Something bumps into you causing you to jump back ready to defend yourself, then realize you've walked into a tree. Out of the corner of your eye you think you see something move, then realize it's just your mind playing tricks on you in the absence of vision.
>search

You sense the way out is to the southwest and the way to the shack is to the east.

You search around for a moment.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You don't find anything of interest here.

Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me; Genesis 27:3