whatever happened to Shard's Royalty/Council/Court? 01/21/2020 01:53 AM CST
I've spent several hours now trying to find out the current status of Shard's Court and members, but the last obvious activity was in 2015/2016. Is there no Royalty/Council/Court these days? How did they disappear? Why did they disappear? With rumors of a new Ulf'hara, I've become curious about all the Royalty in Elanthia. If anyone has information on Ilithi's, I'd be most grateful.

Thank you in advance!
Re: whatever happened to Shard's Royalty/Council/Court? 01/21/2020 04:42 PM CST
The only Ilithi court member I know of is Court Mage Miskton, who regularly hosts Visions meetings in Shard. I don't believe there are any other members.

I was not really in the right circle to understand what happened to the old court, but my recollection is that at some point most court members were asked to step down and a new group, the Crystal Vanguard, was put in place -- but this eventually dissolved as its members left the game and, as far as I know, no court arose in its place.

If you're talking about GMNPCs, I have not seen any activity from Ilithian ones in a very long time. They still exist, of course, in the background, but things have been happening more visibly (involving GMNPC appearances) in Zoluren and Therengia -- although even these are pretty sparing at the moment.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: whatever happened to Shard's Royalty/Council/Court? 01/22/2020 10:08 AM CST

Thank you,

I'll keep an eye out for Miskton and continue my research. Sad to think Shard is forgotten with all the changes in this world. I remember a vibrant social climate there before I left so many years ago.
Re: whatever happened to Shard's Royalty/Council/Court? 01/22/2020 04:03 PM CST

<<I was not really in the right circle to understand what happened to the old court, but my recollection is that at some point most court members were asked to step down and a new group, the Crystal Vanguard, was put in place -- but this eventually dissolved as its members left the game and, as far as I know, no court arose in its place.>>

The Crystal Vanguard is not put in place of the court, it was the militia unit for Ilithi and wasn't dissolved as its members left the game. There was no real reason to have a standing militia anymore with the work that it required for upkeep so it was put on hiatus until such time as it might be useful again.
Re: whatever happened to Shard's Royalty/Council/Court? 01/27/2020 07:24 PM CST
>>The Crystal Vanguard is not put in place of the court

I didn't say it was. :)

>>and wasn't dissolved as its members left the game.

I knew the group pretty well at the time and know at least 3 of them left, either left the game or left activity in the militia, in particular the leader, Starlear. It's quite possible that the militia was officially dissolved for other reasons, but my point remains that members did leave and Ilithi in general became less active as a result. :(

>>Sad to think Shard is forgotten with all the changes in this world. I remember a vibrant social climate there before I left so many years ago.

I too was very active there in years past and miss the old Shard, in particular the pre-Outcast Shard, when the Ferdahl used to make regular appearances. I wouldn't say that it's forgotten so much that those of us still active in game have naturally congregated where more of the action is.

If you're looking for other RP to be a part of, feel free to message me on Discord sometime. I might be able to help out. My handle is Navesi#4950.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald