shops open through the night now? 02/27/2014 08:38 AM CST
Just noticed that I could get into all of the shops in Shard despite the fact that it was nighttime - is this intentional? Has it been this way for a while and I just didn't notice since I haven't bothered to try and get into a shop in the evening in years? Anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/27/2014 08:46 AM CST

I noticed it last night while I was creating my Shard stealing script actually. They stayed open until late evening. They did end up closing, it was just later than expected. It's currently night right now, and the night time shops are closed as they should be.

I went to sleep before daytime in game, so not sure if they opened on time or were delayed. I'm hoping the brief reset this morning helped reset that.

-Master Ndin
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/27/2014 09:00 AM CST
This might have to do with the fact that the heavens seem to be a bit broken and the sun is up during the night. With the heavens out of sync I wouldn't be surprised if it is causing the shops to be open.
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/27/2014 09:06 AM CST
Please report if you notice the sun being out of whack like that. It's usually the result of a game crash and is something a staff member can fix in a few moments.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/27/2014 09:14 PM CST
I go through Shard and it's shops several times in a real-time day, stealing (or not, if the shop is closed) and I have not noticed anything different or out of whack.

In fact, right now it's nighttime in game, and the shard shops that close nightly are closed.
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/27/2014 09:57 PM CST
Based on the time of the original post, it was probably shortly after the reboot that happened this morning (about 8:45am EST). Anytime the game goes down/is shut down during a night time, we end up with the 'night sun' effect until a GM fixes it. So everything the game thinks it's day time except for the time command.
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/27/2014 10:39 PM CST
Sorry, I totally skipped over the " like that." part of the post, that obviously would of told me it had been found and corrected.

I was seriously half asleep reading and posting, so just disregard.

: )
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/28/2014 01:40 AM CST
I have noticed in the past that the shops don't close right at sunset. They stay open for a little longer, not unlike some RL shops. I always thought it was intentional.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/28/2014 08:54 AM CST

The shard gates and the stores don't close right at sunset or open right at dawn. It actually happens at the half mark (8 minutes, since they are 15 minute segments) towards the next DR anlas (or however you would explain it). I actually sat just inside the west gate of Shard a couple days ago getting all the phases of day/night, and the gate guards actually give two notices if I recall that the gates will be closing soon. Once as it turns to sunset, then about 5 minutes later at the 3 minute warning.

TL;DR:
Day doesn't shift as soon as sunset/dawn hits, but rather 8 minutes into sunset/dawn. Although, this may be wrong since I found out the very next day that time was offset due to crash and the whole night sun thing.

-Master Ndin
Re: shops open through the night now? 02/28/2014 08:56 AM CST
this is balanced by them not opening precisely at dawn either. Particularly in fang cove. <grrrrr>

message.... blah, blah, YOU HAVE TOO MANY ITEMS IN YOUR INVENTORY, YOU COULD BE CORRUPTED, blah, blah , blah

go shop

you squash your nose into the door... not open...

::mutter::

<<If I can't cast thunderclap, you can't summon the dark lord of the abyss to devour the flesh of the innocent>>