Why no climb? 11/18/2012 08:27 PM CST
[Shard, East Bridge]
You also see the East city gates, the city wall, a path leading toward a caged blade spider and a Gnome workman.
Obvious paths: east.

>climb city wall

You think about heading toward the city wall, but you can't seem to get there from here.

Same message at the north and west bridges, what is that about?
Re: Why no climb? 11/18/2012 08:35 PM CST
They took out those climbs. I forget if it was because invasions could get into the city thru there, or if it was another reason.
Re: Why no climb? 11/18/2012 08:37 PM CST
Well, I hope they turn them back on someday so we can train climbing and stuff...
Re: Why no climb? 11/18/2012 08:56 PM CST
There are plenty of places to lock climbing in Shard. There is a climbing script out there somewhere that Kraelyst put together that works really well. I've used it since I've moved to the area, and have taken my climbing from the mid 200s to 400+.
Re: Why no climb? 11/18/2012 10:55 PM CST
Yeah, kraelyst's is the one I tried to use and it hangs up immediately trying to climb the walls I mentioned earlier. It's fine, I'll just train later on somewhere else, and maybe someday the Shard walls will be climbable again.
Re: Why no climb? 11/19/2012 04:15 AM CST
Here is what I use. I start just south of the spire. It only climbs the battlements. I lock climbing fairly quickly with 185.

Syllanthis

#climbshard.Cmd

start:
move w
move nw
move n
move w
move w
put go bri
move w
move w
move w
move w
move w
move w
put cli ladder
pause 1
move s
put cli practice embra
waitfor You finish practicing your climbing skill
move n
put cli ladder
pause 1
move n
move ne
move ne
move ne
move e
move e
put cli ladder
pause 1
move w
put cli practice embra
move e
put cli ladder
pause 1
move e
move e
move se
move se
move se
move s
put cli ladder
pause 1
move n
put cli practice embra
move s
put cli ladder
pause 1
move w
move w
move w
move w
move w
put go bri
move w
move w
move w
move s
move sw
move w
goto exp

exp:
put skill climb
match end mind lock
match start EXP HELP
matchwait

end:
end
Re: Why no climb? 11/19/2012 05:06 AM CST
>>Yeah, kraelyst's is the one I tried to use and it hangs up immediately trying to climb the walls I mentioned earlier.

Yea, I had to do some modification to it, but it works wonderful after that.
Re: Why no climb? 11/19/2012 09:11 AM CST
Hey thanks a lot Liquid, I'll give that a try!

Ninevah1, I'll take a look and see if its as simple as skipping those climbs.
Re: Why no climb? 11/19/2012 09:55 AM CST
I use Genie, if you do also I'd be willing to share the script with you. I also made some modifications for getting through the gates at night too. If you don't use Genie I may still be able to help you out.
Re: Why no climb? 11/19/2012 12:43 PM CST
Thanks for posting this and letting us know, I didn't even realize that they weren't climbable anymore! I know I have a few Shard characters who would be scrambling to learn their climbing now. :)
Re: Why no climb? 11/19/2012 06:55 PM CST
>>I know I have a few Shard characters who would be scrambling to learn their climbing now. :)

Actually Ilithi is one of the best places to learn climbing that I've found. The talus trail south of the city works it well until past 100, and at 150+ you can do the undergondola area.

-- Player of Eyuve