A Case Against Laziness - Shard Gates at Night 08/25/2012 08:56 AM CDT
>go gate
The gate is closed. Try KNOCKing instead.
>kn ga
As you move to attack the gate, the Sentinel Lyle moves to swiftly stop you! "Vandal! How dare you!"

A sudden shout of "The woman's dangerous!" heralds a nearby citizen to run for the guards. It won't be long before the The City of Shard authorities will try to bring you in for endangering the public.
A wretched filthiness defiles your soul at this illegal action.
It's best you not do that to the South city gates.

So apparently it defaulted to KNeeing the gate, instead of knocking. Giving me a nice endangering the public charge.

Can this be looked at? You can no longer damage the gates, so having a retribution for something you can't really do seems a bit punitive. Granted, I say that because illegal actions are a bigger deal to paladins than other guilds...

You say, "Tada."

WHAM
A sudden burst of oily smelling air strikes you in the face.
Re: A Case Against Laziness - Shard Gates at Night 10/10/2012 01:27 PM CDT
You stand accused of kicking the gates at night! Penalty for such crimes is DEATH! <cackles>

-The Forsaken Rakash
Re: A Case Against Laziness - Shard Gates at Night 10/10/2012 05:13 PM CDT

No I don't think it can, you're asking them to de-prioritize a combat move for rapping your knuckles on a door.

I always do three or for letters for non combat related things, pretty much exactly for this reason.

Truly sorry to tell you to try to use one more character.

Maybe you'll luck out and with combat 3.0 knee wont be a command anymore, I can't remember what's been said about brawling moves.
Re: A Case Against Laziness - Shard Gates at Night 10/10/2012 06:02 PM CDT
I think they meant "Can you make it so we don't get charged when we try to accidently knee the gate instead of knock" and not "Can you change kn gate to mean knock gate"

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: A Case Against Laziness - Shard Gates at Night 10/10/2012 07:32 PM CDT

Hrm... regardless, I still suggest trying kno. Its certainly the quickest fix anyway.

: )