Re: New Hunting for Hara! 02/09/2011 07:55 PM CST
Lizards a bit higher than young gryphons, piranhas about fledgling gryphon level, giant spider crabs young gryphon-ish, lachmates vary in difficulty.

As a side note, the lizards and piranhas (and possibly the spider crabs) are slice- and impact-resistant.
Re: New Hunting for Hara! 02/09/2011 08:59 PM CST
Massing as much as a large Gnome, an amethyst sailfin lizard has four legs that splay out from its body, each limb ending in a webbed set of toes ending in wickedly sharp claws. Set on its back is the sail that gives the lizard its name, which the beast can either hold erect or flatten down close to the spine. Each lizard's hide is colored in one of a range of jewel-like colors, making their skins prized by tanners.

>skin
The lizard cannot be skinned.

>loot
You search the sailfin lizard.
You find nothing of interest.

Jokes on you, island dwellers!

But seriously.. are these supposed to be unskinnable? The description would imply otherwise.
Re: New Hunting for Hara! 02/10/2011 06:17 AM CST
Nope, they are skinnable, it was me forgetting to put out one tiny little bit of something. They are now skinnable.

(They don't actually drop skins just yet, what they drop is a placeholder for something later.)

GM Ulerith
Re: New Hunting for Hara! 02/10/2011 09:26 AM CST
>Nope, they are skinnable, it was me forgetting to put out one tiny little bit of something. They are now skinnable.

Thanks! I really like the design of the area it was fun to explore.
Re: New Hunting for Hara! 02/10/2011 11:02 AM CST
Glad you like it. Hopefully, it's the first of many releases for Hara.

GM Ulerith
Re: New Hunting for Hara! 04/04/2011 07:59 AM CDT
Is there a time frame for when the sailfin lizards will start to yield skins?

"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Taljin
Dillos remapping 07/08/2012 05:33 AM CDT
Devious. Gonna be a fun few weeks til automapper is fixed.
Re: Dillos remapping 07/08/2012 10:03 AM CDT
<<While working on this I also did some clean up of the Dunes of Despair themselves.>>

will this in any way effect the Moon Mage cantrip area?

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Dillos remapping 07/08/2012 10:23 AM CDT
>>will this in any way effect the Moon Mage cantrip area?

Not in any meaningful way, no.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Dillos remapping 07/08/2012 08:21 PM CDT
So, the problem that I have so far is that HUNT doesnt show beyond trails/paths. Learning is based on how many rooms away you can see, and how many critters in those rooms. With HUNT not being able to see past the path/trail, it makes HUNTing in area teach practically nothing.

Having to relearn a maze that I had already mastered is also a bit annoying. I would have much preferred the room descriptions to have changed rather than them completely moving around.

Falker
Re: Dillos remapping 07/09/2012 12:34 AM CDT
>>So, the problem that I have so far is that HUNT doesnt show beyond trails/paths. Learning is based on how many rooms away you can see, and how many critters in those rooms. With HUNT not being able to see past the path/trail, it makes HUNTing in area teach practically nothing.

You should still be able to hunt quite a few rooms away even with the new barriers in place. Further with the spawn rate in there and how often the place is packed there should be plenty of 'dillos to HUNT.

>>Having to relearn a maze that I had already mastered is also a bit annoying.

I'm sorry, but this was the price of fixing the leaking from one flavor of 'dillo into another. Many people requested the change when I was asking what to do to help high level hunting.

>>I would have much preferred the room descriptions to have changed rather than them completely moving around.

I don't follow.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Dillos remapping 07/09/2012 01:19 AM CDT
<<I don't follow.

More variation in room descriptions. The directions would remain a maze, but the rooms would at least be different enough to have an idea of where you are.

Also, the tiers could have been separated by the path/trail, in place of the up/down that was there prior. Which would likely have taken care of the overlap in critters on the wrong tier, without having to move the rooms around.

Quick question though, is it not possible to prevent a critter from moving into a certain room, without creating barriers, such as trails/paths, etc?

Falker
Re: Dillos remapping 07/09/2012 01:47 AM CDT
>>More variation in room descriptions. The directions would remain a maze, but the rooms would at least be different enough to have an idea of where you are.

That was already the case. It is, after all, a maze. It was never my intention to change that.

>>Also, the tiers could have been separated by the path/trail, in place of the up/down that was there prior.

That's exactly what I did. I didn't move any rooms around, though I had to adjust the exits in a few of them because there were crossover points besides the up/down, which were contributing to the leaking.

>>Quick question though, is it not possible to prevent a critter from moving into a certain room, without creating barriers, such as trails/paths, etc?

Is it possible? Yes. However using a portal is by far the easiest and most flexible solution.

-Raesh

Re: Dillos remapping 07/09/2012 07:46 AM CDT
>>That was already the case. It is, after all, a maze. It was never my intention to change that.

Best maze is scout ogres/war cat area - You can actually figure it out!

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Dillos remapping 07/09/2012 07:50 AM CDT
the best mazes are those you can teleport out of.

-me-

<i don't like mazes>

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Dillos remapping 07/09/2012 10:49 PM CDT

Haven't seen a problem with hunt on my end.