Terald dig 04/06/2008 09:40 PM CDT
Does this mean the loot table will be mixed up a bit? Right now everything I've seen come out of the trenches is identical to stuff in the Throne dig site, and while it's cool to have it in another place and I've had fun digging, it would be neat if we could get some other stuff too.

Rev. Reene

You turn the gaharzen a few ways, trying to activate it. You hear an unsettling metallic click, and the gaharzen vibrates slightly in your hand.
The gaharzen pulses a moment then shatters in majestic beauty, sending slivers flying.
Re: Terald dig 04/06/2008 11:13 PM CDT
Yea how does this work? Are there unique things mixed in there or just some random bent rings and stuff? It's fun, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend a lot of time digging?
Re: Terald dig 04/07/2008 12:58 AM CDT
well i'm pretty sure you learn mech lore

someone found this but didn't want it so i snatched it up

stone stela fragment
Of the small carvings remaining on the fragment, one is a stained blue owl-headed figure sending lightning bolts at a simplified citadel.

it's done by picking up three tools
a hand spade, a handpick, and a excavation brush

you start by digging with the spade
dig trench
when you hit something switch to the handpick and make sure everyone else stops digging or it'll get burried again

kneel
pick trench
until you get to a fine layer of dust then switch to the brush

brush trench with brush
until it's uncovered, then everyone can marvel in the glory of a pottery fragment ;p or dig some more ;p

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer.
--
If life doesn't need intelligence,
Then why should intelligence need life?
--
http://blog.myspace.com/57223313
Re: Terald dig 04/07/2008 01:12 AM CDT
the stela fragment is found in Throne City also. Its also found in the museum there too.

Wanderer Larze

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN
Re: Terald dig 04/07/2008 09:47 AM CDT
Where is Rivercrossing?
Re: Terald dig 04/07/2008 09:50 AM CDT
River crossing = crossing.. Crossing old name through time it was left off.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Terald dig 04/07/2008 09:08 PM CDT
>a handpick, and a excavation brush

where does one purchase these items?

Ginevali
Re: Terald dig 04/08/2008 12:01 AM CDT
throne city general store.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Terald dig 04/08/2008 12:01 AM CDT
>> where does one purchase these items?

There is a table in the first room of the Crossing excavation area with the items on it. The brush is on the tray, you'll need one of those too.

Rev. Reene

You turn the gaharzen a few ways, trying to activate it. You hear an unsettling metallic click, and the gaharzen vibrates slightly in your hand.
The gaharzen pulses a moment then shatters in majestic beauty, sending slivers flying.
Re: Terald dig 04/08/2008 01:34 AM CDT
I've been a little bit away from DragonRealms for a long time, and so have never been up to the Throne City dig. I must say, however, that you folks did a very good job creating the archaeology system. It's very accessible to younger players, trains well, and generates a lot of RP as people have to coordinate digging.

The system is interesting, relatively realistic, and a great addition to the game.

I do wish there was more to do with the pieces once discovered. Event the bent rings and cobblestones would be laboriously cataloged and stored by a researcher in the real world. Perhaps a scientist collecting dig items for a silver each? Or maybe there's more to these items than there appears.
Re: Terald dig 04/08/2008 03:03 AM CDT
<<so have never been up to the Throne City dig

This is what makes me cringe a little by introducing the dig down in Crossings or possible other cities in the future. It was one of the few attractions for Throne City (which is a niche area of the game anyways). To see it, you needed to get out of Crossings, something I think too few of the general population does. Now don't get me wrong, Crossings is a fine place, but there's a lot of game to explore. I think there's a lot of encouragement to do so already with systems like trench digging or finding the best critters to hunt. This takes a little way from the encouragement, making me hope this is actually only apart of an event and open for a limited time.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Terald dig 04/08/2008 02:25 PM CDT
I dont mind the dig being in crossing, I just wish they would remove the items table from it and build a new one that is unique to each city. This would make each dig unique and still make each one attractive in its own way.

Wanderer Larze

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN