Corick's Wall 08/16/2005 06:00 AM CDT
Since this fix was put in, if I am hunting alone and die while in this hunting area and depart, I have no way to get to my grave because that badge will be in my grave. In addition, my weapon will be lying on the ground next to my grave waiting for the thief of a janitor to get it. Finally, no one will be able to lend me their badge, via raccoon or fam, so I can get to my grave.

You need to fix this so that if you depart south of the wall, you wake up south of the wall. Alternately, you could fix this so that if you die south of the wall you wake up in the chapel holding a temporary pass that would let you back in to your grave. Either would work.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Corick's Wall 08/16/2005 06:03 AM CDT
Didn't they put in a fix to items dropped in death so that the janitor won't get them for a certain amount of time?

~Bre

"Have you ever felt like the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?"
Re: Corick's Wall 08/16/2005 06:53 AM CDT
Drakewarlord does have a valid concern. He would still need help getting to his grave, unless the badge comes with him when he departs, as some bonded items do.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Corick's Wall 08/17/2005 01:05 AM CDT
This time I got lucky. But I am reluctant to go back in with the way the mechs are set up now.

It should also be noted that those that have passed the quest can lead in parties. If the leader then takes a nap (involuntarily or otherwise) or dies, the other people in the party are in serious trouble if they die. With the lag we have been having this is a very likely possibility.

I had thought a token would work. Anyone that died and departed south of the wall would wake up with this in the chapel.

I was informed that such a token might be stored for future use, even if it could only be used once.

I suggested it decay rapidly and disappear if you tried to log off with it on you.

I was informed that with the lag and loggin on issues we have currently, you would likely get stranded people and the janitor stealing stuff.

So, I am back to asking for a shrine south of the wall that you will wake at if you depart or an auto teleport thing that will put your dead body and dropped weapon north of the wall if you die. From there of course you would be on your own.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Corick's Wall 08/18/2005 02:41 PM CDT
Restricting an area to such a small population seems to be a mistake. Let others in.

'Slimy Yet Satisfying' - Miko Mido

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: Corick's Wall 08/18/2005 09:07 PM CDT
Technically, anyone can get in if their climbing is high enough. But I can't think of anyone that would have climbing that high that would still benefit from getting in. In addition, I don't think recently dead and scarred people could climb back in to their graves without alot more climbing that it would take to just climb in normally.

It would be nice if the quest were fixed as far as the level it takes to pass it and if there were more guilds that had quests there.

But even so, we need still to do something about the problem with the recently dead getting back to their graves.