Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/13/2019 07:29 AM CST
What?! No way.
I'm so excited for this!

Since pilgrim's badges are used by clerics and paladins for guild related things, will having more altars affect these guild traits? For example, will badges now give more devotion they are attuned to more altars? Similarly, if I use the same number of altars, will I still receive the same devotion as before, or will I need to fill the badge with these extra altars to achieve the same effect as pre-release?

Nikpack
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/13/2019 08:19 AM CST

I am happy the list was posted. I lost my badge so I have to redo.

When * does it mean a brand spanking new way to get devotion there has just been released OR was it released already in the past but just marking it so we know there was a change there before?
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/13/2019 08:43 AM CST
>>Since pilgrim's badges are used by clerics and paladins for guild related things, will having more altars affect these guild traits? For example, will badges now give more devotion they are attuned to more altars? Similarly, if I use the same number of altars, will I still receive the same devotion as before, or will I need to fill the badge with these extra altars to achieve the same effect as pre-release?

Yes. Yes. Former.

>>When * does it mean a brand spanking new way to get devotion there has just been released OR was it released already in the past but just marking it so we know there was a change there before?

Not a new ritual, no. They're holy objects a Cleric can kiss while kneeling.

GM Grejuva
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/13/2019 08:24 PM CST
Could we get a hint as to the syntax for the one in the tomb of Emille the Fist?

Altar, statue, shrine, emille, woman, image, chamber, vault, dais, tomb, woman, sarcophagus, coffin, stone, iris, raven, lion, damite, image on vault, carving, fist, stamp.

Coming up empty on anything else to try.
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/14/2019 12:59 AM CST
It's an altar, but the correct room may be tricky to get to. Unless you're a Paladin, you'll need help from one.

GM Grejuva
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/14/2019 01:02 AM CST
Enjoying hunting these altars down. Thanks for the expansion Grejuva! Also appreciate that your list gives us a good idea where to go without giving away everything.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/14/2019 06:49 AM CST
Ahh, I see. Thanks for and response, I must not be in the right room then.

Fully agree with Mothra though, enjoying hunting these new ones down!
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/14/2019 01:54 PM CST
What a fun release, thanks! I'm looking forward to visiting all the new altars once I'm out of my HE-frenzy...:)

I wonder if it'd be something to put on a "rainy day" request list, to add some type of cosmetic/fluff reward that non-Holy folks can get too. I'm thinking maybe a title or set of titles depending on how many you add to your badge. Altar Hunter Kythryn anyone? :)

Anyhow, very neat release.

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/14/2019 08:07 PM CST
It would be cool if there was a title for visiting all the possible altars for each individual province and title(s) for visiting every possible altar for non-clerics/paladins.

Also need a title for necromancers who melt a pilgrim's badge at every possible (for them) altar. (or maybe a % resistance to holy magic because they've worked up a tolerance lol)

Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/15/2019 04:04 PM CST
Titles may be doable. What would you like to see?

GM Grejuva
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/16/2019 02:32 PM CST
I think the Province-based ones when you have all from that province are an excellent suggestion. BTW, sorting on the badges for that was an equally amazing update! Maybe something like "Ilithi Pilgrim", "Pilgrim of Ilithi", "Ilithi Traveler", etc? I can't remember offhand if any of the Immortals are patrons of a province, but if that was a thing, could be neat. Like if Meraud was patron of Zoluren, could then have something like "Wolf of Zoluren".

If there are words in the various racial languages that would represent a Pilgrim or Traveler, maybe that could tie into the titles too, where there is a significant racial population in that province. So for instance, getting all the Ratha altars would give you the S'Kra Mur (Eth'ral'khh?) title for "Pilgrim of Ratha".

And I guess if on the back-end there is a way of grouping by Immortal, if you got say all the Meraud altars & Shrines that could be something like "Meraud's Pilgrim".

On getting a general amount or all of them, I'd say for now maybe 2; 1 for if you have all the "original" badge locations (ie. the ones you could get prior to this release), and then a 2nd for if you have all the currently available ones. Then going forward, if another batch is ever added again, another new title could be added when you get that new set added to your badge.

I'd think something like "Wandering Pilgrim" for the 1st tier, "Devout Pilgrim" or "Devoted Pilgrim" for the 2nd tier.

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 11/16/2019 04:46 PM CST
A title for anyone having visited all of the old altars that have been broken or otherwise don't exist any longer to visit: Servant of antiquity.

A title for Necromancers attempting a to use a pilgrim's badge and getting burnt: Masochist.
A title for Necromancers attempting to use a pilgrim's badge and getting burnt multiple times: Determined iconoclast.

Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 03/14/2020 08:46 PM CDT
Grejuva,

Can you identify which ones are Cleric only?
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 03/15/2020 04:35 AM CDT
>>Can you identify which ones are Cleric only?

Glythtide's Garden and Jackal's Rest.

GM Grejuva
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 07/25/2020 12:54 PM CDT
So it has been a while since this post and talking with a bunch of people, all of them have been found except the one below. Can we get a hint or at least confirmation that this is in Hibarnhvidar and everyone can get to it?

~ Forfedhdar ~
Traveler's Shrine, Hibarnhvidar. **
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 07/25/2020 01:25 PM CDT
Outer Hibarnhvidar, West Valley Road. It's a building.

GM Grejuva
Re: Pilgrim's Badge Expansion 08/03/2020 06:38 PM CDT
Appreciate it, I managed to find it though I would suggest perhaps a bit of text in the room description that has the 'exit' mentioned? I got out but only through trying various things.