Ratha QOL suggestions 01/09/2016 07:40 PM CST
I've just been poking around Ratha lately and I thought I'd add my own QOL suggestions.

1. Mud slipping on the Reshalia Trade road. In several rooms on this road, there appears to be a random chance that you slip and fall on your back, and as far as I can tell it's not based on skill or speed. I don't mind skill checks but randomly falling over is very irritating, especially for a highly skilled character. I bugged one of the rooms in game if you want to look for it; the rest are all nearby.

2. The sewer passage. For some reason one room where you enter the sewers breaks your group (with both "go passage" and "go grating"). I can't tell you how many times I've zipped through and left people behind. I've bugged this room in game.

3. Sewer engagement. The hatchlings are meant to be a threat and I respect that. However it's rather annoying that the moment they look at you, you're stuck in engagement and can't leave. This is another thing that breaks my travel scripts.

4. Repairing equipment. Right now, as far as I can tell, there are three separate places you have to go: one for metal armor, one for leather/cloth armor, and one for tools. A lot of these are consolidated in other areas (see Ylono near Shard), and it's one thing I really appreciate about those places.

5. The hedgewizard. Yes, everyone's asked for it, might as well throw in my two cents. It's cute and fun but it could last 2 minutes instead of 20.

6. Lumberjacking areas. I agree with the last thread that these would be nice!

- Navesi
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/09/2016 07:46 PM CST
I don't mind the hedgewizard so much except that you can get tagged just running through.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/09/2016 09:27 PM CST
With the changes to sorcery I would think openly casting feral magic inside justice (drunk or not) would net him Forbidden Practices and/or Endangering the Public charges.

The drunken hedgewizard should be updated to cast a legal spell that's more lore appropriate or a small event is needed where he's finally brought to justice and beheaded...

or he just stumbles off the pier and drowns.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/09/2016 11:52 PM CST
Would YOU want to be the one to try and arrest someone who's been using feral magic for decades blatantly and without any apparent backlash?

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/10/2016 02:28 AM CST
I'd send Y'shai in. Duh.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/10/2016 03:27 PM CST
Y'shai are no match for a feral drunkard.
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/10/2016 07:41 PM CST
1) Lower Ratha needs an event to end all of the blatant corruption that is occuring within its jurisdiction, it might be a great and fine Chadatru/Paladin/Justice event (the Paladins need love too)!

or

2) In light of all the corruption, bribes and extortion that has been going on. PCs can now bribe the Hedge wizard (like the local populace have been doing for DECADES, how do you think he stays DRUNK and AWAKE all the time) with drinks so that, they too aren't cast upon (hey its the only way the local populace has been able to stay away from that feral drunkard's spells).

Perhaps a combination of the two?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/10/2016 08:14 PM CST
>>I'd send Y'shai in. Duh.

Great now you have a horde of angry cambrinth wearing frogs.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/10/2016 08:20 PM CST
>Great now you have a horde of angry cambrinth wearing frogs.

Uh...Actually, I kind of want this now.

I'd pay for a pet like that.
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/15/2016 04:43 PM CST
Another thing I discovered:

[Reshalia Trade Road, Farmland]
Just to the southwest the road is rutted, with an obvious track passing crosswise over it. This is where the farmers usually cross with wagons of refuse, and take their pigs to feed on the daaknuts, often in depressingly large herds. Depressing for any travellers caught on the wrong side of the stream of porcine livestock, that is. The farmers are doubtless quite happy with the fertility of their pigs. You also see a massive herd of pigs.
Obvious paths: northeast.
>go pig
You can't do that.
>l pig
The snuffling pigs are milling about in the road. There are a lot of them, and they're in the way.

I had to wait a while for the pigs to clear out. It's a little charming but a little more on the irritating side.

- Navesi
Re: Ratha QOL suggestions 01/15/2016 05:45 PM CST
>>>> I had to wait a while for the pigs to clear out. It's a little charming but a little more on the irritating side.

The wait is irritating, but whenever it happens to me I try to appreciated the attention to detail in the area. Besides, taking a 30 minute timeout because the hedge wizard sneezed is several orders of magnitude more annoying.