Tool Repair 04/06/2014 07:52 PM CDT
Is there any way we could get Krrikt'k to repair tools? It is a long trip to the crossing to get them fixed when the are too damaged to repair with the repair techs. And, yes, I know I shouldn't let them go that long but sometimes I forget and some tools (maker's marks) seem to take an excessive amount of damage. Besides, we shouldn't need to have those techs to craft on Ratha.
Re: Tool Repair 04/06/2014 08:43 PM CDT
Do the craft halls not have repair clerks?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Tool Repair 04/06/2014 08:49 PM CDT
>>Do the craft halls not have repair clerks?

I don't believe Ratha has craft halls yet. They're going to run through QC and get cleared after 3.1 comes out.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Tool Repair 04/06/2014 08:54 PM CDT
>>>> GRIM45: Do the craft halls not have repair clerks?

Nope

>>>> TEVESHSZAT: I don't believe Ratha has craft halls yet.

there is a forging society but it is lacking a few services (a repair clerk and a clerk to get registers come to mind)
Re: Tool Repair 04/06/2014 09:04 PM CDT
>>there is a forging society but it is lacking a few services (a repair clerk and a clerk to get registers come to mind)

I think that society is a refurbished 2.0 one, which is probably why it didn't have that stuff added.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Tool Repair 04/07/2014 07:21 AM CDT
I have to ask, have you actually TRIED to repair them?

l tick
Looking at the Krrikt'k ticket you see it is for a square steel wire sieve. You recall that your sieve should be ready any moment now.

Written at the bottom you see Krrikt'k's Forge, Ratha.

l tick
Looking at the Raven ticket you see it is for a leather bellows. You recall that your bellows should be ready by now.

Written at the bottom you see The Raven's Mask and Leatherworks, Ratha.

>>I think that society is a refurbished 2.0 one, which is probably why it didn't have that stuff added.

Nope. Grimbly's (2.0 Forge) is still there, right next to the 3.0 Forging Society.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Tool Repair 04/07/2014 09:14 AM CDT
>>Nope. Grimbly's (2.0 Forge) is still there, right next to the 3.0 Forging Society.

Ah, nevermind then! I was told Ratha needed a forge so I took that to mean it didn't have a new one at all.

Re: Tool Repair 04/07/2014 10:04 AM CDT
>>> I have to ask, have you actually TRIED to repair them?

I did and he refused. Admittedly I only tried one item that was damaged so badly I couldn't repair it myself and when he refused assumed he wouldn't repair any tools. Since it was just a low end store bought scraper I just trashed it and made myself a new (and better) one. More recently I needed a maker's mark repaired and ended up going to the crossing without checking.
Re: Tool Repair 05/11/2014 11:31 AM CDT
Sorry for the thread necro, but having just moved out here to hunt, I'd like to second this request (from the tool storage point of view).