Navigating The Dunes 04/04/2015 05:16 PM CDT
Any idea how many ranks it takes to get the minimum roundtime trudging up the dunes to Muspar'i?

At 760 athletics, I can just barely make it, which I found surprising. Also, it seems to teach Athletics and Tactics?
Re: Navigating The Dunes 04/04/2015 10:43 PM CDT
I can't speak to the question of ranks, but I can say that when it was first released it taught Climbing and Escaping; my guess is that the Escaping training got converted to Tactics in 3.0, which was either a bug or intentional, but if it was intentional, that does seem a little odd.

I
Re: Navigating The Dunes 04/05/2015 12:11 AM CDT
>Escaping training got converted to Tactics in 3.0

Escaping training was converted to Athletics in 3.0 from what I recall

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Navigating The Dunes 04/05/2015 12:21 AM CDT
>>Escaping training was converted to Athletics in 3.0 from what I recall

This isn't 100% true. Escaping was oddball enough some of it's contests went in other directions. I'll try and find some time to look at the dunes soon.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Navigating The Dunes 04/05/2015 01:28 AM CDT
Yeah, it was never updated to Skills 3.0.

I've corrected this. Outdoorsmanship has replaced Escaping (which was only a minor component) and Scouting ranks will properly apply again for Rangers.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose