Vines? 11/17/2012 11:15 PM CST
Is there a room anywhere around Muspar'i that has vines?
Re: Vines? 11/18/2012 01:21 AM CST
Not that I've found. There is limited foraging in the Gam Chaga safe-area (aka, by the platform) and there is limited foraging in the sandpit in all rooms located therein. Foraging in the desert is seriously HARD TO TRAIN, so be prepared for that.

If you're looking for exp gain, just search for something else. I personally forage for old buttons. If you're looking for something to braid in order to train mech, I really can't offer much advice. Good luck and post your findings so I can document them.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Vines? 11/18/2012 07:41 AM CST
have you tried inside the WM guild in the "earth" room there? its thru the gate in the RH part of the city.

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Vines? 11/18/2012 08:28 AM CST
>WM Guild

Duh. Totally forgot the magic gardens in the Warrior Mage multiplex. Oh, I remember why I forgot them...

WM's cheat in the desert when they think nobody is looking. Boo on you Warrior Mages. Boo. I blame the close proximity to the Bard Guild. Obviously they are a bad influence.

^Mostly joking.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 06:27 AM CST

>RE: WMs

I'm guessing that Warrior Mages don't really care if anyone's looking and your theories on the proximity to the Bard Guild are baseless because clearly any self-respecting War Mage would burn a Bard to ashes before the end of their first verse of song.

^Mostly joking too.

=GM Jhustis=
Logistics Minion
Muspar'i Guru
S'Kra Mur Champion
Orders Lead

=="The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary."==
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 08:41 AM CST
::squints::

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 09:26 AM CST
:-)

only caveat. The WM guild needs to come up with earplugs. :-)

>
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 09:28 AM CST
IS the WM guild room in question open to anyone? Not a WM, and couldn't sneak in with a fake title.
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 09:32 AM CST
yes, its a round-about way to get in for a non-wm though. muspar'i ranik's map i think has a subsection for the WM guild there. I used to have a shortcut script how to get there, but i think that file somehow got deleted. :-(.

>
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 09:41 AM CST
Pfffffft! Maps, maps are for sissies! Er....

Well anyways, someone decided that there should be no foraging vegetation in Muspar'i, as if training here wasn't inhospitable enough.

[Sho'hhs Migendaniis, Earth Garden]
You also see a shallow hole in the ground, a raised platform of packed earth with several things on it and a towering arch of stacked sandstone blocks inscribed with the sigil for earth.
Obvious paths: northeast.

>forage
You survey the area and realize that any foraging efforts would be futile.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 09:52 AM CST
hmm. hadn't been there for awhile. That's disappointing.

>
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 02:40 PM CST
*scribbles "moar foraging" on my list

=GM Jhustis=
Logistics Minion
Muspar'i Guru
S'Kra Mur Champion
Orders Lead

=="The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary."==
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 02:43 PM CST
<3
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 03:05 PM CST
>>*scribbles "moar foraging" on my list

Could always open up some mining spots in mooseparty if it's just a need for foraging exp, too!

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 03:33 PM CST
Foraging is definitely trainable now, you can just collect dirt and it works fine.

The mining, that's a different can of worms but definitely worth pursuing.

To me, it's about having a mech-lore fallback. The are no crafting societies, no forges, no origami shop. In the future there will be ways to train some professions, I'm thinking alchemy specifically, but right now it's pretty bleak.

Turning on vegetation foraging in a couple rooms is a small easy fix that would go a long way, imo.
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 04:19 PM CST
I think mining would be more something thats feasible near hv and the gemfire mountains, rather than in muspar'i itself.

>
Re: Vines? 11/26/2012 07:54 PM CST
As a friend is want to say "It was made in the Salt Mines of Muspar'i."

Re: Vines? 11/27/2012 01:36 AM CST
I can see a "salt mine" or some such type of place having raw materials for alchemy. :-). would give a use to those salt things the chagas become when dead.

>