Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/19/2012 07:59 AM CDT
The council of the gamants met when it was ascertained that Lyras had broken the barricade. A number of strategies were discussed, most of them concerned with how to keep her forces from the gates of the Desert Jewel.

One of the plans involved infiltrators among the populace - young S'kra who were descended from certain families were thought to more easily resist at least some of what Book was teaching - but precisely what he was teaching, and whether his forces would support or resist Lyras was at that time - unknown.

Another strategy was a series of trenches and ravines that would hopefully keep the undead away from the west of the city -- <OOC - Maginot Line type>. These would be populated by creatures offered for sale from the isle of the damned - Traders to that accursed place had managed to procure a few very young of the species, but rather than cage them in a zoo - although that had been their previous location, a coverup by the authorities had prompted the closing of that zoo, being as they did not want to admit that some of their specimans had been stolen <ooc - Jurassic Park> - it was silently given to a few resourceful hunters to search out the truth. At any rate, it was felt that the creatures in the ravines would be unlikely to escape and so a few traders were approached, and a few young .... armadillos came to live in the ravines.

Unfortunately, they multiplied. When Lyras was defeated, the strategies were largely forgotten, and funding for defenses of the ravine were gradully diminished... And the armadillos, having multiplied, began to get hungry.

When a coucilor from the Kings Court inmbibed a bit too much after a long feast, and fell into the ravine - something was finally decided... to announce a bounty for hunters to come and kill the armadillos which now infest the ravine to the far west of the desert city.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/19/2012 08:54 AM CDT
Is this supposed to be history or fan fiction? Because the GMs have said they aren't Doing hi level hunting in Theren. You can dream all yo want but the supposition that it matters is a faulty one.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/19/2012 09:06 AM CDT
>>GM's have said

Just to clarify, what was said just days ago:

>>There are currently no plans to add higher level hunting to Theren, that's not to say it won't be added to P2 but as I've said in the past Muspari is where they'll be heading.
>>GM Alvy

So... yeah.

You snap your furry fingers.
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/19/2012 12:26 PM CDT
>>Is this supposed to be history or fan fiction? Because the GMs have said they aren't Doing hi level hunting in Theren. You can dream all yo want but the supposition that it matters is a faulty one. <<

Ok how bout outside the crossing?

- Buuwl
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/19/2012 01:19 PM CDT
>>Ok how bout outside the crossing?

Flogging this dead horse isn't going to increase the chance of spawning level 200 undead horses.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/19/2012 02:26 PM CDT
>Flogging this dead horse isn't going to increase the chance of spawning level 200 undead horses.

Nor is this the right folder to continue to flog the poor beast.

Thanks!

Svafa

_
If you have questions or comments, please email me at MOD-SVAFA@PLAY.NET or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at
DR-SIDATURA@PLAY.NET or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-ANNWYL@PLAY.NET
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/19/2012 10:09 PM CDT

As GM Alvy posted, hi-level in P2 is slated for, not Theren, but "Muspar'i*. As this is the Muspar'i folder, coming up with a reasonable back-story for the arrival of these Beasties is certainly on topic. :-).
/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/20/2012 12:36 AM CDT
>>coming up with a reasonable back-story for the arrival of these Beasties is certainly on topic. :-).

It's my understanding that GMs aren't in need of a story/reason/excuse to put critter X in location Y as much as they need coders to sit down and create all the mechanics/zones/etc.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/23/2012 02:08 PM CDT
I think I can clear this up reasonably quick.

You will not be getting armadillos for Muspar'i, BUT...you will be getting four tiers of high level hunting, when I can some other tasks off my plate. Right now, Rossman's will be getting some underground love and I will not speculate on dates, so don't even ask.

(Someone catch Madigan before he faints!) :P

=GM Jhustis=
Orders Lead
S'Kra Mur Champion
Muspar'i Guru
Logistics Minion

=="The only place you'll find success before work is in the dictionary."==
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/24/2012 10:26 AM CDT
>>(Someone catch Madigan before he faints!) :P

All the plate is too much for my little Ranger arms. They would surely break under the weight.

Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/25/2012 11:45 PM CDT
And I'll toss in a few other things for Muspar'i when it gets to a point where I can call it something besides "Soon".

=GM Jhustis=
Orders Lead
S'Kra Mur Champion
Muspar'i Guru
Logistics Minion

Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/26/2012 09:05 AM CDT
Just to clairify so I don't get my own hopes up too high. Are we talking just Muspar'i or are we talking everything West of the barge? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, some more Ranger love please? a.k.a places to train survivals and +bonus rooms.

Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 06/29/2012 10:14 AM CDT
<<(Someone catch Madigan before he faints!) :P

I just read this folder in a while so sorry for the late response. I have no idea if you are married, engaged, significant other or whatnot...but, I am giving you a big kiss and shoving a beer in your hand (assuming you are of age) at SimuCon. Just saying.

Madigan
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 07/09/2012 09:59 PM CDT
<I have no idea if you are married, engaged, significant other or whatnot...but, I am giving you a big kiss and shoving a beer in your hand (assuming you are of age) at SimuCon. Just saying.

Madigan

Everyone going, don't forget your cameras!

You hear a male voice from the east yell "REPENT! THE END IS NIGH!"
You yell, "How long do I have to repent?"
You hear a male voice from the east yell, "Moments!"
You yell, "I'm doomed."
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 07/10/2012 03:56 PM CDT
He just loves me for my HL orcs! wails

=GM Jhustis=
Logistics Minion
Muspar'i Guru
S'Kra Mur Champion
Orders Lead

Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 07/21/2012 01:43 AM CDT
>>And I'll toss in a few other things for Muspar'i when it gets to a point where I can call it something besides "Soon".

Might that include some Constructs higher than Hhinvi? PLEASE!!

Mordibar
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 07/21/2012 03:37 AM CDT
>Might that include some Constructs higher than Hhinvi? PLEASE!!
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 07/21/2012 08:05 AM CDT
>>constructs

mutter... Empaths.

I vote for more things to skin. But, I always do that.

System Announcement: The Night Sun has been snuffed. It's dark again. Now the scary stuff comes out.
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 08/01/2012 04:35 PM CDT
<<He just loves me for my HL orcs! wails

HLO's FTW.

Madigan
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 08/01/2012 07:01 PM CDT
HEEEEYYYY! HLOOOOO!

?
Re: Fiction - If you build it they will come: 08/01/2012 11:58 PM CDT
Dude (or dude'ette) stop posting in every thread.

Madigan