Open Island 09/04/2010 01:00 PM CDT
Would anyone mind if we, by general player consensus, turned Hara into an Open island? Everyone found on the island would be Open for all purposes, but what happens on Hara stays on Hara - no conflict continues off island. The idea being to try out life as it would be for a few months. There are only a few of us on the island as regulars that would be in any way inconvenienced by this, and I would like to know what you think.
Re: Open Island 09/04/2010 01:15 PM CDT
That would suck for people passing through, wanting to get a tattoo and whatever else.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Open Island 09/04/2010 03:57 PM CDT
Few folks pass through, it is not on the way to anywhere. Getting a tattoo I can see as a possible problem tho.
Re: Open Island 09/04/2010 07:23 PM CDT
Heyo!

Not likely to happen.

We may very well look at making an Open area someday, but an existing area as large as Hara? No.

- GM Dartenian

Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night! - Sarah Williams
Re: Open Island 09/04/2010 08:31 PM CDT
Why create a new area when you already have giant expanses of unused areas in the game, and a leveling off of new players?

Seems if anything, finding reasons for people to fill spaces would be better than diluting the population across an even greater expanse of land.

P5 aka Ghost Town should serve as a prime example of this.

Just my 2 lirum.

The Surveying Halfing.
Re: Open Island 09/04/2010 09:54 PM CDT
I would imagine it's at least partly because there are always chances that people who don't want to conflict like that might already enjoy areas that are pre-existing. It would be a valid argument.

If they just make a new area, there's no reason for anybody to say, "but I loved <place>! You've ruined it for me!" etc.

Ogdaro
Re: Open Island 09/04/2010 10:55 PM CDT
> I would imagine it's at least partly because there are always chances that people who don't want to conflict like that might already enjoy areas that are pre-existing. It would be a valid argument.

This is a big part of it. Besides, we have other plans for underused areas.

- GM Dartenian

Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night! - Sarah Williams