Hara'jaal 05/09/2007 08:37 PM CDT
I'm not sure what possessed me to do this but at request I took ownership Hara'jaal. While I brush up on the in-game history of the island (so I totally don't screw this up) I'm going to focus on what is currently broken.

So let me have it - what is old and busted on Hara'jaal.

Thanks.

-Ssra
Re: Hara'jaal 05/09/2007 09:02 PM CDT
There are about to be some happy people.

3 of them.

XXXX signs, "I got a huge wedgie but I'm embarassed to pick it"

XXXX says, "Whos mark is this? Your sabre is a little awkward, but usable."
Re: Hara'jaal 05/09/2007 09:06 PM CDT
Here is my Hara Wish list.

1. The thicket. Please allow rangers to have a way to reduce rt in the thicket, or to bypass it.
2. Swimming - Please add a swimming area near the beach. 300-600 ranks. There is only one current that teachs on the entire island.
3. Climbing - Please add a place to learn climbing at 500+ ranks.
4. Fix the issue with Ranger trails. Ranger team said it was an issue with the island so trails could not be added.
5. Barbed arrows added to the weapon shop.
6. Justice system - Can no longer shop steal, even though if you're caught stealing you get whipped.

But the biggest issue is the Thicket and Ranger movement.

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!
Re: Hara'jaal 05/09/2007 09:06 PM CDT
Also thanks for taking this project on.

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

Re: Hara'jaal 05/09/2007 09:07 PM CDT
The RT for moving through the thicket is old, doesn't teach any escaping doesn't scale just is there and one of those things.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Hara'jaal 05/09/2007 09:29 PM CDT
a place to train escaping would be damn gravy also

Da Madd Webba

Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 04:41 AM CDT
the shops. there is justice there <the whips you get from the baron of the island>, so need to be able to pilfer.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 06:00 AM CDT
In Moradu, there were supposed to be paths opened leading to higher areas with higher circle/level moradu there.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 07:59 AM CDT
<<There are about to be some happy people. 3 of them.>>

So if I can get 3 more people to move out I've managed to double the population?

Awesome.

;)

-Ssra
Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 08:27 AM CDT
As a pirate enclave (sp) the island doesn't seem very self suficent. No herb shop, no armor repair, no auto empath...

Some of these things might not make much sense, but there is a "town" with a bank...
Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 08:43 AM CDT
So if I can get 3 more people to move out I've managed to double the population?

Awesome.

hey thers actually 5 of us on the island!

Da Madd Webba

Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 09:16 AM CDT
Put in those 100+ circle moradau or their equivalent, and I will come. I am an island lad at heart!

If you build them they will come!

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 09:50 AM CDT
There is a auto path there which makes living that way much better. More hunting would make it a nicer place.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 09:57 AM CDT
I might move back if there were some new stuff.

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Re: Hara'jaal 05/10/2007 02:40 PM CDT
The whipping post is messed up.

There are ways to get away from that room, but you will still be getting whipped etc...

I'm thinking being tied to the post should probably prevent the person from being able to be dragged, led, walking, leaping to feet, etc...

I am --- Navak
Re: Hara'jaal 05/12/2007 08:47 PM CDT
As my old thief, I thought Hara'Jaal had an awesome feel to it and if it had more people I would have stayed longer. I'll never forget when I was strapped to the whipping post yelling "Death awaits my back!" when indeed I had a death awaits bleeder on my back from being whipped. Scary stuff.

What levels are there for hunting on Hara? I wouldn't mind a change of scene.

Also, what sort of survival skill levels can be learned there (is there no scouting???)?

Does the auto-empath heal nerve damage? I don't mind finding herbs to heal, but not being able to heal nerve damage is sooo annoying.

"...you do not deserve Ability X just because another guild received it." -Armifer

"Sabbra Caddabra" your skill/title/ability is now mine.
Re: Hara'jaal 05/12/2007 09:42 PM CDT
>>Does the auto-empath heal nerve damage? I don't mind finding herbs to heal, but not being able to heal nerve damage is sooo annoying.

The Martyr doesn't, I don't think. But the others seem to. Also, there is an elixer you can make to heal nerves, if you've got the ingredients and mech lore.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Hara'jaal 05/13/2007 08:05 AM CDT
thats lujeakave elixir, and hopefully the hand-made stuff is more potent, cause the store-bought <well, store-stolen,:-)> stuff from Rossmans is worthless. At least when used on the kind of nerve damage that boxes traps do.

Schvartz

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Hara'jaal 05/13/2007 09:12 AM CDT
I have made the elixir, and it does work. ;) But like you, I would prefer for it to be more potent!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Hara'jaal 07/31/2007 06:43 PM CDT
Can we also get an amor repair shop over here? I'm liking the place except of seords dinging my shield up
Re: Hara'jaal 12/13/2007 12:13 PM CST
Eh, is stealing still turned off out here?

~Purehand

You feel that for the moment you've learned all you can about harming shopkeepers.
Hara'jaal Lore? 05/20/2008 11:11 AM CDT
I was hoping that another player, or a GM could fill in some gaps for me or point me towards some more sources of information.

Hara'jaal is run still run by the Var'quel family? Is it still Kylan? What race is he?

I had always assumed Hara was a pirate island, where does the title Baron come from?

Is there any record of past relations between Hara and anywhere?

Has Hara been affected by any of the past "recent" wars? Sorrow? Gorbesh? Outcast? Dragon priest?

My impression is that Hara has always been a wildland directed by the hoss pirate at hand, Enclave is fitting. Is there any record of Hara's history? How the Var'quels came to lasting power?

Anyone out there ever actually met a Var'quel?

I'd appreciate any kind of input anyone has to offer.
New visitor to Hara'jaal 06/01/2008 04:28 PM CDT
I'm currently on Ratha and was thinking of visiting Hara.

How long is the boat trip?

Would there be be something for me to hunt?
[HE/parry 180s chain 151 shield 125 comp bow 173]

I'm not a very good swimmer (73) or climber (111), will I have trouble getting around?

Is there anything I should bring? (no lockpicks, herbs, healer, etc)

Thanks for the help!
Re: New visitor to Hara'jaal 06/02/2008 10:35 AM CDT
Hara'Jaal doesn't really require much in the way of skills to access.

There isn't much to hunt, no. The only real critter is far above that skill level, has decent gen but is spread over a massive area so hunting them isn't ideal by any means.

Not much there shop-wise.

I would go just to check it out and say you've been. It can be a fun excursion. Don't expect to spend lots of time there though. It's a ghost town for good reason.
Just a side message Galren... I don't know if you changed your last name to Rippentrop or not, but you're listed on the Ratha register as Galren Norim... Saw that yesterday.