Re: Hara 11/13/2003 11:40 AM CST
Thank you, Pathlone. I highly doubt I found "all" of them, though. I just noticed what blockades seemed to be in the way of doing business the way I normally do it, is all. I bet there are plenty I missed (like the herb shop, I picked that up from someone else's post, since up until the foraging rewrite I always kept myself fully stocked with herbs ... now I rely heavily on the auto-empath until I get my foraging lists reevaluated) and am hoping my comments get others to post with their observations.

>>As far as making Hara like other major cities, I would hope those pleas fall on deaf ears. As it has been explained to me Hara is a pirate enclave and as such, I wouldn't expect to find all the amentities of the mainland

You misunderstand my intentions. I prefer to avoid cities myself and enjoy the "small town" feel of Hara. Feels a lot like being back in Langenfirth. My main concern is that a principality can only be as independant as their internal resources will allow. And I see a lot of "necessary" resources being missing in Hara, present in Mer'Kresh and people spending way too much time traveling there and giving way too much coin in business to Kresh that the Baron could be keeping for himself.

I wouldn't propose making a metropolis, perish the thought. But adding a few service shops that the Baron's own men as well as the "locals" could use to keep themselves in top shape and ready to defend their home can only help us all in the long run, you know? How well can the Baron's men defend his island if they can't even keep their armor repaired and their weapons sharpened, let alone have space to store their extra things (a carousel)?

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
Re: Hara 11/13/2003 01:20 PM CST
all that and more is a 15 minute boat ride away

Da Not So Madd Webba

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/LE-DR-FBC.htm
1)Playahata (n) - One who offers truthful constructive criticism that is in opposition to popular opinion or the status quo.
Re: Hara 11/13/2003 05:14 PM CST
I think I have to agree with Webba that MerKresh is near enough that things like carousels aren't necessarily needed. However, I can't wait to see what type of housing area they install when and if they do it.

--Vyraka--

Gorbesh Checks and Balances Department
Re: Hara 11/13/2003 05:18 PM CST
Heh hara is up to 90 minutes away from merkresh. Boat spends 30 minutes in dock, and 30 minuntes going between ports.

http://www.houseofownzing.com/logs/drachstar.html

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/

TRADER OWNZING:
You hear a yelp and a soft thud from behind you and your rickety caravan swerves a bit.
Re: Hara 11/13/2003 05:25 PM CST
Actually the Jolas only docks for 15 minutes.

~Dulcinia

Falkonis says, "blah blah blah companion... blah blah blah"
Falkonis says, "not another word"
Falkonis says, "about companions"
You hear the voice of Jent say, "Boo Hoo"
Re: Hara 11/13/2003 05:29 PM CST
Hmm, I seem to remember seeing it have 30 minutes to go on departing.

http://www.houseofownzing.com/logs/drachstar.html

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/

TRADER OWNZING:
You hear a yelp and a soft thud from behind you and your rickety caravan swerves a bit.
Re: Hara 11/13/2003 10:10 PM CST
If you read the board as soon as the boat arrives, it says 14 minutes. However, that might be a rounding thing and as soon as it's 14:59 the board reads 14, not sure. The trip itself is 30 minutes or right around there.

However, by the time my armor is in need of repair, more often than not at least one piece gets a ticket for 20 minutes or longer, which means by the time my armor is ready for pickup, the Jolas has left. That means 30 minutes over, 15 minute wait, 30 minutes back, I get on board, 15 minute wait, then another 30 minutes to get back to Hara. That's two hours in addition to the 30 minute ride to get to Kresh in the first place for a total of 2.5 hours, and that's assuming the Jolas leaves the Hara dock right after I get on board.

Worst case scenario, I could have just missed the Jolas and have to wait an hour for it to come back and then leave again, bringing the total trip time up to 3.5 hours. Best case scenario is no armor needing more than 10 minutes and I get back to the boat before it leaves (and originally caught it in Hara just before it left), taking a total of an hour and 15 minutes (30 minutes each way, 15 minutes at dock in Mer'Kresh).

That's a lot of time to spend just to go get my armor repaired because I got killed a couple times without being able to get a glyph. Not to mention when more of the combat updates happen and we see more wear and tear on armor and weapons, requiring more frequent trips for repair.

~~~Krin
Re: Hara 11/14/2003 05:36 PM CST
>>That's a lot of time to spend just to go get my armor repaired because I got killed a couple times without being able to get a glyph. Not to mention when more of the combat updates happen and we see more wear and tear on armor and weapons, requiring more frequent trips for repair.

>>~~~Krin

There's this crazy method out there that might save you a lot of trouble Krin.... It's called "Don't Die!!!". I hear it's hard to maintain (I know I can't do it) but it's well worth the effort. ::nod::

On a serious note though, the boat ride is'nt that bad. Not sure if you know it or not but armor protection drops with damage to them, so that could be a reason why you are dying. I try to keep my armor at pristine at all times.

-Barimor

S! S is for swords! Sharp swords! Sharp swords to stab in skulls! HAHAHAHA! WE LOVE S! S IS FOR ALL THE GOOD STUFF! YAY S!
Re: Hara 11/14/2003 06:57 PM CST
>>Barimor>>There's this crazy method out there that might save you a lot of trouble Krin.... It's called "Don't Die!!!". I hear it's hard to maintain (I know I can't do it) but it's well worth the effort. ::nod::

Which won't help the problem of wear and tear, when that "feature" comes back.

>>Barimor>>Not sure if you know it or not but armor protection drops with damage to them, so that could be a reason why you are dying. I try to keep my armor at pristine at all times.

Of course I know that, which is why as soon as I appraise my armor and any single piece app's as anything less than pristine condition, I head to the armor repair shop.

~~~Krin
Re: Hara 11/14/2003 10:44 PM CST
>>Of course I know that, which is why as soon as I appraise my armor and any single piece app's as anything less than pristine condition, I head to the armor repair shop.

>>~~~Krin

Ahh, you said something about your armor being damaged from dying a few times and not getting any glyphs. Thus the need for a 15-25 minute repair rather than the 10 minute repair which is the norm for a single death grave damage. My bad.

-Barimor

S! S is for swords! Sharp swords! Sharp swords to stab in skulls! HAHAHAHA! WE LOVE S! S IS FOR ALL THE GOOD STUFF! YAY S!
Re: Hara 11/15/2003 12:07 AM CST
>>Barimor>>Ahh, you said something about your armor being damaged from dying a few times and not getting any glyphs.

That was simply a case of one very bad night. <mutter> Bad luck with arzumos combined with my determination to NOT sit on a boat when I wanted to be out hunting racked up three in one night. But after the first death, all my armor app'd as pristine (got lucky, heh). Was the other two where my leather took a beating.

~~~Krin
Re: Hara 11/15/2003 09:35 PM CST

This armor damage thing sounds like a combat issue and no need to be in the Hara folder. If you have issues with combat armor damage maybe you should discuss it in the combat folder?

See I can be a Krin too. So Krin how silly does it feel to read that type of post?

Catch a clue!

"DR Heart Surgeon, Donors requested"

Re: Hara 11/15/2003 11:00 PM CST
>>Soim>>See I can be a Krin too. So Krin how silly does it feel to read that type of post?

Go read my response in the other folder. Armor damage is fine, getting it repaired is a problem. Again, I am addressing the PROBLEM, not the SYMPTOM. Now ... if I were to whine about how easily I get hit when my armor is damaged instead of making sure I can get it repaired, then I would be taking a page from your playbook.

No thanks.

~~~Krin
Re: Hara 11/16/2003 11:28 AM CST
No conflicting in here.

Jacania

Any questions, concerns or issues please email me Mod-Jacania@play.net, Senior Monitor Dr-Redryn@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Dr-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Hara 11/16/2003 07:31 PM CST
Dis prolly gonna sound like nit pickin but da jolas is a 20 minute ride wit a 14 minute layovah each side

Menda
Re: Hara 11/16/2003 09:05 PM CST
Menda, how about we ride together one day and time the actual trip. I bet you 10 plat you are wrong on the 20 min. In fact, it is not the same time each way, though it used to be. (it used to be exactly 30 min from time you got on ship when it docked til you docked on other end of trip) ::grin:: besides, give us time to catch up on the gossip.

Pathlone
Re: Hara 11/16/2003 09:54 PM CST
I just wish the schedule was fixed on the Kresh side, it's always really wierd on the time.

Genneron

Ask me about my Order
IM: Genneron
Li Tumbra Mir: The Order of the Iron Circle
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html
Re: Hara 11/17/2003 11:24 PM CST
**Menda, how about we ride together one day and time the actual trip. I bet you 10 plat you are wrong on the 20 min. In fact, it is not the same time each way, though it used to be. (it used to be exactly 30 min from time you got on ship when it docked til you docked on other end of trip) ::grin:: besides, give us time to catch up on the gossip.

Pathlone**

Ya on meh friend GRIN
But ya can keep ya coin n buy sumpin nice for Eve, cuz ya know ya a real Guy (as is ah) ta has such a great life partnah

(Ya feiend) Menda
Re: Hara:the dead zone 07/27/2008 12:23 AM CDT
<<I never understood why there were swains of all things on hara instead of pirates. Unless Hara is heavily S'kra area like Ratha?>>

swains are not all s'kra. only the rapier carrying swains. the hammer-carrying swains are dwarves, for example.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Hara:the dead zone 07/27/2008 07:32 PM CDT
Thanks for the input! As P4 Guru I read all the island folders to catch any suggestions that may help us make your gaming experience more enjoyable.

I'll take a look at the critter spawn sometime next week when I can squeeze in a little breather!

GM Alvy