ep 09/06/2003 10:07 PM CDT
Can someone PLEASE put rocks back on Hara'jaal? I can't work scouting here without them. I'm gonna mention this in the foraging folder, too.

alle

Instigator of Liberation for Hara'Jaal

Gotta find this road... it's like, "Bob's Road..."
Re: ep 09/07/2003 10:36 PM CDT
Heh me and my inability to type (note horrid topic title!)

Anyway, it's been fixed, thanks SO MUCH!

Alle

Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/25/2003 06:45 PM CDT
Much excitement, enthusiasm, and patriotism abounds as we anticipate the next Kaith Kirm. However, some of us will once again be denied the opportunity to participate, because we cannot claim citizenship to our home.

Jaalians are few, but proud of where we live and who we are. It is on the mild end disappointing, and on the more extreme radical end offensive, that we should be expected to become citizens of M'Riss, Aesry, or Ratha in order to represent our island in the KK games. Citizenship is not a tee shirt to be changed whenever you get tired of the color. We are loyal to our home island. We wish the ability to express that loyalty in the same way that other denizens who claim such ties do.

We've made our bid, and wait patiently for conclusion. We still hope that our proposal will result in citizenship.

Cpt. Allegoria Everyoung

Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/26/2003 11:11 AM CDT
I was just talking to Fengreve about this and I may or may not have given him wrong information. I KNOW that I have seen someone with the title "of Qi Reshalia", he was down in Shard and I asked him what that was a long time ago. Unfortunately, I don't know what citizenship office you would go to in order to get that title. However, I think that as a temporary solution to the problem, if there isn't currently an office that gives you that title, you could just make it so that when you join any office in all of Qi they give you two titles. "of M'riss/Aesry Surlaenis'a/Ratha" and "of Qi Reshalia". Just so that you can choose which one to fly.

I personally love a whole lot of the islands, so it will be a hard choice in choosing which one to represent. Having an "of Qi Reshalia" title would make my life easier!

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

"Resist. Unlearn. Defy." - Incubus
Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/26/2003 11:16 AM CDT
That would require citizenship of another town other than Hara'jaal.

We could have many more perks, if only we became Rissan citizens. But we aren't of M'riss. I don't wanna cheat and claim I am from a town I am not, just to get the benefits.

Mia

There is nothing more liberating than dancing barefoot.
Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/26/2003 11:25 AM CDT
<<I personally love a whole lot of the islands, so it will be a hard choice in choosing which one to represent. Having an "of Qi Reshalia" title would make my life easier!>>

Agreed.

Signed by,

Ruffles Scourge of the Seas
Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/26/2003 11:52 AM CDT
I appreciate your reply, Teeklin, but the point I was making is that citizenship is available for all the islands EXCEPT Hara'jaal.

I'm only a citizen of Qi in the broadest sense of the word.

Allegoria

Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/26/2003 12:59 PM CDT
Of course, I understand that for sure, but giving a post-title "of Qi Reshalia" has got to be simpler than coding an entire nother citizenship office, especially when you're on the clock with the KK creeping up ever closer.

Put it in as a band-aid until the GMs decide whether or not they want citizenship for HJ or not.

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

"Resist. Unlearn. Defy." - Incubus
Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/26/2003 03:56 PM CDT
why would a smugglers island have a citizenship office? That's like allowing theef titles and having public theef guild halls.

Da Not So Madd Webba

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/LE-DR-FBC.htm
1)Playahata (n) - One who offers truthful constructive criticism that is in opposition to popular opinion or the status quo.
Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/26/2003 05:45 PM CDT
>>why would a smugglers island have a citizenship office? That's like allowing theef titles and having public theef guild halls.

Why do we have a collections clerk?

Mia

Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/26/2003 07:18 PM CDT
An extension for your post title.. even if it's just for the Kaith Kirm, would be great. (Might have been mentioned already) Reason being, it would help add more unity to the games. Something that I think would fit the KK nicely. :)

Signed by,

Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/27/2003 07:13 AM CDT
I think the residents of Hara'jaal should overthrow the baron. I'll even come help! It would make for a good RP event and allow the community there to grow the way the residents like.

Relayer

http://darkanvil.bravepages.com/Index.html

The yellow jester does not play
But gentle pulls the strings
And smiles as the puppets dance
In the court of the crimson king.
Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/27/2003 08:26 AM CDT
You're too late, Relayer, we already tried that.

Allegoria

Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/27/2003 08:42 AM CDT
Didnt you know the baron is a 600th level pirate?

Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/27/2003 05:58 PM CDT
<<why would a smugglers island have a citizenship office? That's like allowing theef titles and having public theef guild halls.>>

<laughs> I was wondering the same thing, isnt it supposed to be a secret island of outcasts and wanted criminals, mainly, the notorious Baron Var'quel? Why would you be allowed to officially enter in the kaith kirm to represent a criminal empire (ICly, it IS just that ;p)

~Sam
Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/27/2003 06:00 PM CDT
Even criminals need a little love? <g>

Signed by,

Re: Kaith Kirm, Qi... and unrepresented Hara'jaal 09/27/2003 07:18 PM CDT
They arent just a criminal empire, they are part of the province of Qi, and are recognized under that banner legally since they collect taxes and have a bank that represent Qi. None of the other provinces would object to a hara'jaal representative in the kaith kirm, because there would be an interprovincial banner of truce that hey would have to honor.

Preparedness 11/11/2003 11:17 AM CST
How can the Baron expect the "natives" and regular visitors to be prepared for anything at all when the most basic and (from a hunter/resident's point of view) necessary services are not available, instead they must instead spend 2+ hours riding boats and sitting in Mer'Kresh to take care of business?

The Baron really needs to address this and entice some craftsmen to move in, open up repair shops for armor and weapons. Also, all those Corsairs frequenting the area would likely appreciate having a place to stow their extra gear when they stop by. How about the Baron approaches the Dwarves at Rundmolen Brothers Storage Company and getting a carousel opened on the island?

I know there's not much room in the city, but Mer'Kresh managed to find an extremely skilled craftsman who opened a shop that does all in one ... leather or metal, armor or weapon ... couldn't the Baron find someone interested in opening a shop like that on Hara?

Frankly, I'm surprised he's managed to stay so independant from others if he has to remain dependant on them for services like this ...

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
Re: Preparedness 11/11/2003 11:28 AM CST
After finishing catching up on "recent" posts, let me add to that list a forge for producing metal goods and a tanning supplies dealer. Oblichek is standing in the back room of the furrier with his vats and a hide scraper, why not set up a counter right there along with a catalog and sell some tanning supplies?

Also, the herb shop ... good idea. Still working on my list of where to find all my usual herbs here on the island. Even if I find them all we still can't forage hisan grass or ithor moss. <mutter>

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
Re: Preparedness 11/12/2003 06:09 PM CST
Yea open lots of shops... then turn on some flippin justice or whatever to allow thieves to steal...

it really chafes my bottom to know there is a city. with no real city services but the few that are there are even pretty much turned off to the guild that thrives off of city life...

Just like the locals want decent locksmiths... well If they catered to them some they would have them. The place is built like thief repellent! and it is suppose to be a smugglers haven... <snort>

"DR Heart Surgeon, Donors requested"

Re: Preparedness 11/12/2003 08:34 PM CST
You know Soim, they make some stuff to help clear up that chafed bottom. Boudreaux's butt paste is pretty good.

You are Scout Peperic Timarson, an Elf and member of the Ranger Rescue squad, dragging deaders since 374 AV.
Re: Preparedness 11/12/2003 09:05 PM CST
<<You know Soim, they make some stuff to help clear up that chafed bottom. Boudreaux's butt paste is pretty good.>>

And you thought you got a good one with that...

I have some 2 foot from me right now... Boudreaux was the Pharmasist in Abitta springs covengton area. I have family who would buy it when he would mix it up right there for them. Such as

Hey Mr. Boudreaux you got any of that butt paste mixed up for diaper rash... No Mrs Bezet but give me a second and I'll whip you some right up...

Then as time went by and famalies moved around are to other states. He started getting request by mail for it. Then peoles frines out of state wanted it so he got more request...

Boudreaux then decided he got something more than just a local home town diaper rash creme. He patents it and since everyone already called it "Boudreaux's butt paste" Thats what he names it...

Now good old Boudreaux's is a milionare off of butt paste...

Manufactured by George Boudreaux P.D.
box 2776 covengton La. 70434

He lives right down the road from me...
See Soim knows everything <snicker>

"DR Heart Surgeon, Donors requested"

Re: Preparedness 11/12/2003 09:08 PM CST
Nah, I figured you knew about it. I work for a pharmacuetical wholesaler, we sell it.

And yeah Hara needs some thief things.

You are Scout Peperic Timarson, an Elf and member of the Ranger Rescue squad, dragging deaders since 374 AV.
Re: Preparedness 11/12/2003 10:23 PM CST
You should try Bag Balm, Soim.

Oh, and thanks a lot for that mental picture ::kicks::

Mia

Where do you pop up when you depart on Hara? 05/19/2005 12:05 PM CDT
I fell off the cliff and went splat and am unconscious.

I dont mind dying, departing, or anything, but I want to know how much time I need to attempt to recover my items.

Im very busy right now with a new baby boy and I need to fit DR in between feedings.

Thanks for any info.

>rummage my pants
You rummage through some jet black leather pants but there is nothing in there.

Uh oh.
Re: Where do you pop up when you depart on Hara? 05/19/2005 12:40 PM CDT
You depart to the hovel a few steps north of town.

Palasix

command chakram to make Dinazen Olkar better than Fireball.
>
In Your dreams.
>
Re: Where do you pop up when you depart on Hara? 05/19/2005 12:44 PM CDT
Don't you go to the altar in the brush area if you die near the cliffs? The one in the middle of seords or something.

flip
Flip what?

Need bonding or divorce roses or wedding services? Contact me at: kalira@play.net

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Where do you pop up when you depart on Hara? 05/19/2005 09:33 PM CDT
Probably

Palasix

command chakram to make Dinazen Olkar better than Fireball.
>
In Your dreams.
>
Repair shop 11/28/2005 04:35 PM CST
Can there be a repair shop put on hara so I can go back to my poloh'izh.

Evasion Junkie Algion
Repair shop 05/19/2011 11:51 AM CDT
Kindly requesting Hara'jaal be considered for a repair shop. Herbalist and/or auto-empath would be fantastic also.
Re: Repair shop 05/19/2011 10:05 PM CDT
There's an auto-empath on the west side of town proper, iirc. In fact yes, here's Kythryn's map link.

http://kythsjournal.com/maps/map96.htm

Discovered it a few weeks ago when I found out that hele'la really like to spit poison at your eyes.
Re: Repair shop 05/20/2011 07:04 PM CDT
There already is a repair shop on Hara'jaal. I forget where but I know I used it back when the sailfin lizards and piranha were released. Although for some reason it uses kronars rather than lirums, unless that's been changed.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Repair shop 05/20/2011 10:48 PM CDT
Found them both, thanks for the replies.