Path To Sorrow's Reach 06/16/2020 02:14 PM CDT
>04:37:51 PM [Zadraes] Update: the overgrown path that you have to search here in TF has been fixed in Prime -- needs to be searched there now. When Prime folks figure it out, they'll fix their maps and that'll be one less out of sync here.

So while Zadreas was updating map discrepancies between Platinum, Fallen, and Prime, this change seemed familiar to me. I remember a few years ago needing around 50 ranks of Perception to find this path, maybe more or less (memory is foggy on that), until suddenly you didn't need to search at all, around the time Sunfall Hub was released. People kept searching for another year or two, since their mapping scripts weren't updated.

I'm not contesting the change, just pointing out that Prime had been changed previously, and would be the "newer" version. I thought that removing the search was so that newer characters would be able to get Prydaen favors earlier. Having it back might mean they have to seek out help to get there, which is good for player interaction, bad for the loner vibe of the race.

If the search rank requirement isn't low enough, it would also make S'lai scouts pointless, as those who can learn from hunting them would most likely not be able to get to them until they're no longer going to learn.
Re: Path To Sorrow's Reach 06/16/2020 06:18 PM CDT
FWIW, the genie automapper has always had search -2 in the movement command and was never updated. Anyone who uses the default maps from the official map set won't even notice a difference unless they have low perception. That said, there's a few people already just sitting there right now only retreating over and over from beisswurms so it's clearly catching some people up, and some of them are not searching while some searching but unsuccessfully. Only 1 hasn't seemed to have figured out that something's wrong yet though.
Re: Path To Sorrow's Reach 06/16/2020 06:33 PM CDT
I also agree that the prime version where it was open permanently was the newest verion and remember that the path was made open because of the prydaen favor altar. Since it limits you to only 5 it is largely pointless to players with enough perception to get there because they likely would already have at least 5 favors by then. The players with no favors and who would need the altar wouldn't be able to get to it without help.