Let's just eliminate the province of Qi from the game. 06/03/2019 10:06 PM CDT
Let's just eliminate the province of Qi from the game, after all that is essentially what the GMs have been doing. Over the past few years little has been done to encourage any game play by game policy makers for the province of Qi. The only thing I can think of is the gnome flying machine from Shard to Aesry and that does little to encourage anyone to play the province. Much more has been done to discourage game play on the islands.
Here I list the problems that keep game play from happening on the islands.
1. No more personal boats being created. I can understand why they quit this because of the poor boating system that has been in place, but there seems to be no indication that anyone is or will be working on this at any time in the foreseeable future.
2. No lumberjacking, lets just encourage everyone to stay on the mainland and avoid those pesky outer provinces that we don't want to deal with by not making it reasonably possible to get the best woods for crafting.
3. Lets just have all invasions in Zoluren and Therengia. That way everyone will be more apt to stay in these 2 provinces and not spread out throughout the other areas of the realms that we really don't want to do anything with.
4. Let's restrict f2p players from traveling to these outer areas, thus once again we can avoid having anything to do with these areas.
5. Let's focus instead on multiplayer cooperation, that way the people playing in the outer areas, will all want to come to Zoluren and Therengia since they can't find anyone where they already are to cooperate with, and again not have to deal with improving these outer areas.
6. Let's do all of the above so no one will want to go to these areas and we can create the problem and then use the excuse that we don't want to improve these areas since the players aren't in these areas anyway. You know, a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Let's just be honest, the game policy makers have pretty much give up on these areas so let's just get rid of these areas and save them the hassle of having to hear complaints from players like me.

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil
Re: Let's just eliminate the province of Qi from the game. 06/04/2019 06:26 AM CDT
>1. No more personal boats being created. I can understand why they quit this because of the poor boating system that has been in place, but there seems to be no indication that anyone is or will be working on this at any time in the foreseeable future.

Not sure what this has to do with Qi, there are other ways to get to the islands.

>2. No lumberjacking, lets just encourage everyone to stay on the mainland and avoid those pesky outer provinces that we don't want to deal with by not making it reasonably possible to get the best woods for crafting.

I suppose this is a somewhat valid point, but can't you just return to the mainland when you need wood?

>3. Lets just have all invasions in Zoluren and Therengia. That way everyone will be more apt to stay in these 2 provinces and not spread out throughout the other areas of the realms that we really don't want to do anything with.

Valid point, could use some more event love.

>4. Let's restrict f2p players from traveling to these outer areas, thus once again we can avoid having anything to do with these areas.

By this logic every province but Zoluren should be deleted.

>5. Let's focus instead on multiplayer cooperation, that way the people playing in the outer areas, will all want to come to Zoluren and Therengia since they can't find anyone where they already are to cooperate with, and again not have to deal with improving these outer areas.

You're saying there is no one on the islands? I find that hard to believe.
Re: Let's just eliminate the province of Qi from the game. 06/05/2019 02:26 PM CDT
Smash Farfromhome while you're at it. Port a few of the relevant hunting areas if needed, but just delete the rest.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Let's just eliminate the province of Qi from the game. 06/05/2019 04:49 PM CDT
I like the far away areas for their solitude. Both as a necro player as well as on any character when I just in general when I want to hunt in a low population hunting area. There are definitely times I don't want to be in Zoluren for all of the reasons you listed.

<<Let's just eliminate the province of Qi from the game, after all that is essentially what the GMs have been doing. Over the past few years little has been done to encourage any game play by game policy makers for the province of Qi. The only thing I can think of is the gnome flying machine from Shard to Aesry and that does little to encourage anyone to play the province. Much more has been done to discourage game play on the islands.

I get the sarcasm of your post, but with the sort of exception of Harajaal, all of the islands are significantly closer than they ever used to be to the mainland both literally in terms of travel time and convenience, and figuratively in terms of communication. Your frequent gweths are one example of this, since they never would have been heard in Zoluren before. Other examples beside the Shard/Aesry airship are the mammoths from Leth to Ratha, the airship from Langen to Mriss/Kresh (which techically makes Hara'jaal closer by extension), the shortened turn around and travel times for the normal boats, and better gating options (most specifically the new Riftal Summons).
Re: Let's just eliminate the province of Qi from the game. 06/07/2019 07:09 PM CDT
I really don't want these areas eliminated, my post was more sarcasm than anything. I just want more attention given to Qi because it seems like the province has been abandoned altogether, and as a result fewer folk come to Qi which seems to motivate the GMs to not give Qi attention. It seems like a vicious downward spiral into non-existence.

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil
Re: Let's just eliminate the province of Qi from the game. 06/14/2019 02:10 PM CDT
As elder armadillos are the highest training critter on M'Riss, I had to leave my beloved island. Give us a couple HLC critters on some of the islands and you'd definitely see people moving back out there. Right now moths are overcrowded.

This isn't to say that HLC hunting is the be all end all but it would help. I stayed on M'Riss for YEARS, literally, until I was forced to leave. I'm tired and I want to go home...

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0