Population of Provinces? 12/25/2015 03:49 PM CST
The populations posted on Elanthipedia are from 2007 or so, before the devestation of Lyras. How much has changed from the death of that episode?
Re: Population of Provinces? 12/25/2015 04:06 PM CST
My recollection could be a bit twisted due to holiday cheer, but I believe we said half the population of the mainland provinces died due to either direct attack or the ensuring famines, disease, etc that resulted.

The population has stabilized insofar as it isn't dropping anymore, but hasn't recovered.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Population of Provinces? 12/25/2015 06:44 PM CST
What about all those litters of Prydaen babies.
Re: Population of Provinces? 12/25/2015 07:24 PM CST
Undead. Sorry.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Population of Provinces? 12/25/2015 07:34 PM CST
you're not sorry

you're not sorry at all

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Population of Provinces? 12/25/2015 09:09 PM CST
>>My recollection could be a bit twisted due to holiday cheer, but I believe we said half the population of the mainland provinces died due to either direct attack or the ensuring famines, disease, etc that resulted.

>>The population has stabilized insofar as it isn't dropping anymore, but hasn't recovered.

Do we have a ballpark for P5? Just don't know if I should view it as a labor poor, capital intense province of advanced Dwarven technology and hydroelectric power, or if it has a mass of people just ready to swamp the other provinces. Those being just extreme ends of a spectrum.
Re: Population of Provinces? 12/26/2015 10:18 AM CST
I don't have population numbers for P5, but bare in mind there's more economic and governmental diversity in P5 than in any other province. You have multiple states in the collective that come together only when something threatens the whole. For the most part, for example, the Dwarves in the city and the Humans of the steppe are doing their own things.

-Armifer