Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/12/2015 01:51 PM CST
So Kaelie and I just finished a treasure map. We found the treasure here:

>
[Cawrs de Siksraja]
The split rail fencing butts the back wall of a sturdy building. A small shop, with a work shed behind it, sits across the path. The path turns here, curving toward the clearing and further into the village.
You also see an aged iron strongbox, a red tent flying an orange flag, a reinforced tent, an aging but well-maintained wagon and a grey tent.
Also here: Hodierna's Fist Kaelie.
Obvious paths: south, west.

Which is in the Rakash Village.

That room is supposedly directly west from the west gate of Riverhaven, from the road south of the Faldesu down to nearly , and from points on the North road north of Lang. From the road leading up to the Jantspyre from Riverhaven, it's Southwest. How does any of that make sense. O.o

Mazrian
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/12/2015 02:10 PM CST
I am pretty sure that map directions go by zones and not what room you are in. Zones themselves can be funky when it comes to placement on the maps, there is also areas that you think are one place but are actually somewhere else. An example is I had a map that said it was nearby when in Knife clan, but it actually ended up being in genies. I had never imagined that the viper/leucro/genie area was directly north of knife clan, but that's where it is according to maps.
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/12/2015 02:16 PM CST
That seems completely accurate from the zone map. Is there something I'm missing?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Zone_map

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/12/2015 02:20 PM CST
The only bit of that that sounds wonky is about it being north of Lang. Everything else sounds right.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/12/2015 09:14 PM CST
Zone mapping is hilarious.

As an aside, according to maps Zaulfung isn't a part of P2. It's some weird non-province location, or something. I bugged it, but it's still hilarious.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/13/2015 05:44 AM CST
Thanks. Standing at the bin in Lang and getting "Southwest of here" then stepping west and getting "West of here" makes more sense when looking at the Zone map. Other directional weirdness, too.

Mazrian
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/13/2015 02:31 PM CST
It's been mentioned before that some of the directions chosen to represent non-cardinal exits in player maps are "wrong," so that can add a layer of apparent weirdness (not in this case, but in others) on top of the actual weirdness!

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/13/2015 05:29 PM CST
>>It's been mentioned before that some of the directions chosen to represent non-cardinal exits in player maps are "wrong," so that can add a layer of apparent weirdness (not in this case, but in others) on top of the actual weirdness!

If you're talking about the room shape, the weirdness really just amounts to "maps don't show up, down, or out".

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/13/2015 05:52 PM CST
I believe they're referring to the situation where an area that is through a portal of some sort was placed to say the east of the road it leads off to on a map, where in reality it would actually be west. This leads to people visualizing an area in one way when the reality is quite different.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Geographical Weirdness - the Rakash Village. 12/13/2015 06:15 PM CST
>> I believe they're referring to the situation where an area that is through a portal of some sort was placed to say the east of the road it leads off to on a map, where in reality it would actually be west. This leads to people visualizing an area in one way when the reality is quite different.

^ This

I actually only realized recently that Dirge is west of the NTR, not east. It's also in the same zone as leucros/geni.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com