Herb question 11/08/2010 01:46 AM CST
Anyone know where I can forage Jadice in Forf, or if not that, know if I can buy it somewhere in Forf and its location? I dont mind using the NPC empath, but I tend to get some really brutal bleeders on my limbs that have the potential to kill me before I get to the empath. Case in point, I had a "Death Awaits" or something real similar type bleeder and barely made it to the empath. Would jadice have helped? Maybe maybe not, but if I had it it would have been used for sure.

"Don Drysdale would consider an intentional walk a waste of three pitches. If he wants to put you on base, he can hit you with one pitch." – Mike Shannon

"Even if the voices are not real they have some pretty good ideas" - Anonymous
Re: Herb question 11/08/2010 03:19 AM CST
Not sure where in Forfedhdar you want to gather it. Raven's point area is pretty scrappy, but there is some jadice (flower & pollen) and nilos grass/nuloe stem by the roost as you head through shalswar along the canyon road.
http://kythsjournal.com/maps/map62.htm

It is also found all along the spiral road in Ain Ghazal.
http://kythsjournal.com/maps/map65.htm

And if you want to just buy them, there is a fully stocked herb shop in outer Hib towards the west gate, 2 south from the Trader Market Tent.
http://kythsjournal.com/maps/map67.htm

I need to get in touch with Olwydd and start adding the P5 foraging information (which I stalled out on at Hib, need to get back to the grindstone!), but as a rule, you can check the database for things:
http://www.olwydd.org/herbs/forage.php

Kythryn
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" - Satchel Paige
Re: Herb question 11/08/2010 03:22 AM CST
>Would jadice have helped?

While I don't think the herbs help if it gets to the 'death awaits' level, if you are good about eating them when you start to get bruises or light bleeders, they will keep you from getting to that severe level. If you are just getting your arms ripped off though, then I am not sure they will help. IIRC, if you have nothing there to heal, the herbs can't help.

Kythryn
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" - Satchel Paige
Re: Herb question 11/08/2010 08:03 AM CST
Also, if you are a ranger or cleric who are allowed further into the ranger guild, the garden in there has about any herb you could want. That's in Boar Clan.

~Eoworfinia~

Anyone nit-picking enough to write a letter of correction to an editor doubtless deserves the error that provoked it.
Alvin Toffler

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: Herb question 11/08/2010 08:42 AM CST
The housing area by the altar in Boar Clan also has jadice and yelith you can forage.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: Herb question 11/08/2010 07:36 PM CST
>>While I don't think the herbs help if it gets to the 'death awaits' level, if you are good about eating them when you start to get bruises or light bleeders, they will keep you from getting to that severe level. If you are just getting your arms ripped off though, then I am not sure they will help.

They didnt start out at that level. I first noticed the bleeding at about the bad/very bad level. Before I got back to the empath in Hib to get healed it was at Death awaits. I let it get that bad because I honestly didnt expect it to get that bad at all.

I learned a valuable lesson about bleeders with that one experience.

"Don Drysdale would consider an intentional walk a waste of three pitches. If he wants to put you on base, he can hit you with one pitch." – Mike Shannon

Re: Herb question 11/08/2010 07:38 PM CST
>>And if you want to just buy them, there is a fully stocked herb shop in outer Hib towards the west gate, 2 south from the Trader Market Tent.

No jadice in that shop. Believe me, I looked.

Re: Herb question 11/08/2010 07:45 PM CST
>>Also, if you are a ranger or cleric who are allowed further into the ranger guild, the garden in there has about any herb you could want. That's in Boar Clan.

>>The housing area by the altar in Boar Clan also has jadice and yelith you can forage.

I havent been north of Outer Hib yet and have no plans to go north yet. Thanks for the heads up on Boar Clan though. I'll probably go looking down around Ravens Point if it comes to having to forage. I got lucky and ended up with a couple flowers in random loot last night before I went to bed.