Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/05/2007 06:14 PM CDT
Hey ya'll.

Back during the War with Sorrow there was a script put into most of the area in the reach where if you stood in a spot long enough you'd get stoned from the shadows, presumably by s'lai. It was pretty cool and interesting and appropriate back then.

It never got taken off. I don't necessarily seek to have it removed, but it even happens in certain areas it just shouldn't (like the footpath that leads to the oak tree, which by nature is a non-violent room). Could it be scaled back a bit please?
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/05/2007 08:13 PM CDT
>>Back during the War with Sorrow there was a script put into most of the area in the reach where if you stood in a spot long enough you'd get stoned from the shadows, presumably by s'lai. It was pretty cool and interesting and appropriate back then.

That was a feature of the area long before the War. It usually preceded a S'lai Scout appearing and attacking you. I always figured it was a way of doing an ambush from before critters could hide.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/05/2007 10:55 PM CDT
<That was a feature of the area long before the War. It usually preceded a S'lai Scout appearing and attacking you. I always figured it was a way of doing an ambush from before critters could hide.>

No. I am pretty sure it wasn't there before the war. I used to have my character a lot before the Theren Fest (which is where we were introduced to Sura as a GMPC...as opposed to just whispers of his existance). Additionally Screamers didn't spawn or ambush until around the same time the rock thing was put in...which was during the War.
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 07:27 AM CDT
>>No. I am pretty sure it wasn't there before the war.

It was there when I played on AOL

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 07:56 AM CDT
<<>>No. I am pretty sure it wasn't there before the war.

It was there when I played on AOL
>>

Wow, then that's news to me. It used to be I could spend hours at the safe spot at the footpath and never have to worry about people getting pelted by stones from the shadows.
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 09:31 AM CDT
>It was there when I played on AOL

I used to hunt s'lai scouts back on AOL with my circle 5 ranger. I don't remember any attacks from the shadows until events started in that area.
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 04:00 PM CDT
Stoning: Been there forever.

Screamers: Since the S*** War.

That said, There's some stuff I'd like to do with S****' Reach. Like, Bring back S*, and start the whole S* War back up. Maybe infiltrate S**' Keep, etc.

(Ok, so the last part was me poking fun, the first two statements are actually serious, though.)

GM Jaedren
Province 1 Lead
Events Team
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 04:05 PM CDT
Oh! Okay, I was a bit confused about the stones and screamers. Because I never got stoned unless the screamers were about to pounce out. But then, I never spent much time on the Reach- except at the oak.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 04:13 PM CDT
<Stoning: Been there forever.

Screamers: Since the S*** War.>

So, I'll risk the ridicule of arguing with a GM on it...but I still don't believe it. My character used to hang around the reach before the event ever got rolling.

I'll give you a couple of examples of why I can't buy the explanation about the stones.

1. I used to have my character hang out at the collapsed cave mouth a lot without banner up and I don't recall ever having to deal with that (and that is some annoying stuff..I'd much rather move than try to RP in a room and constantly get stoned by something that doesn't take much skill into account and does damage.

2. People used to actually gather and hang out at the Oak Tree. No one would have gathered there if they were going to get barraged by stones constantly. I think BoT does stop the stone throwing...but the Oak Tree room is already a safe spot...so you can't cast BoT..which means people weren't casting BoT there to keep from getting pelted by stones.

<That said, There's some stuff I'd like to do with S****' Reach. Like, Bring back S*, and start the whole S* War back up. Maybe infiltrate S**' Keep, etc.

(Ok, so the last part was me poking fun, the first two statements are actually serious, though.)

GM Jaedren
Province 1 Lead
Events Team >>

You're no fun.

-Max (Blas)
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 04:13 PM CDT
<I never spent much time on the Reach- except at the oak.>

And do you remember a time you weren't getting stoned at the oak?
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 04:27 PM CDT
What's wrong with getting stoned?

::runs away::

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 08:28 PM CDT
>>And do you remember a time you weren't getting stoned at the oak?

As a matter of fact, I do. And that was well before Sorrow's War, when Daemog had taken me on a tour of the place.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/06/2007 11:58 PM CDT
Okay, so I'm not imagining things. I remember hanging out with you and Daemog there too and we weren't ever bothered by stones.
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/09/2007 09:33 AM CDT
>>S***

What's with the *'s? Why not just say Sorrow?
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/09/2007 09:49 AM CDT
There was a GM post about 4 or so years ago that said something on the order of: Sorrow will never be back, not as a ghost, not resurrected, not anything, in fact we don't even want to speak or hear about him again. Perhaps he was just following this lil internal rule to avoid stiring up the hornets nest again.

Rehlyn

You gesture at a gargantuan korograth.
A sheet of slippery rich amber ale-hued ice forms beneath a gargantuan korograth!
The gargantuan korograth refuses to fall.
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/09/2007 12:27 PM CDT
>There was a GM post about 4 or so years ago that said something on the order of: Sorrow will never be back, not as a ghost, not resurrected, not anything, in fact we don't even want to speak or hear about him again. Perhaps he was just following this lil internal rule to avoid stiring up the hornets nest again.

Ok I have to ask then. What was(is?) the negative sentiment from the staff towards Sorrow for? Did people scream and beg for more, or were there some type of angst I didn't pick up on? I tend to remember those events as being a lot more fleshed out, fun, and genuinely engaging than the more recent Outcast fiasco which I avoided like some type of terrible plague.

-Kryeus Kyshi'cio
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/09/2007 03:37 PM CDT
I liked the Sorrow war, myself.
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach 07/09/2007 06:26 PM CDT
i'd like to go back with the skills i have now and kill off the gorbesh with the skills they had then.

revenge for the temples destruction and all that.

thats the problem with wars & invasions. the opponents always are beyond my level, unless its an invasion geared for younger folks, and then those are below me.

which is why what i'd like to see is a possibility of invading the enemy. And you would choose to go up against things that are approximately the right level for you - the enemy would be in tiered forces.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Problems in Sorrow's Reach :Nudge: 07/09/2007 10:24 PM CDT
Hey folks, let's keep the discussion related to Places. If you want to discuss ideas for wars or plotlines, please take it to Events.

Please email any questions to me (MOD-Lirionic@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net). Thank you.

-Lirionic