Goblins... 01/27/2007 08:34 PM CST
Whoever thought it was a great idea to put a critter that can instantly appear and hit you from range and is 20-40 circles higher then the creatures PAST it needs to be...well something very very unpleasant. If nothing else at least make the stupid black goblins unable to instantly hit you while your running through a room. It's just stupid.

~ Trailmaster Khandrish
Re: Goblins... 01/27/2007 09:24 PM CST
>is 20-40 circles higher then the creatures PAST it needs to be

Its way more than that even. Yeah, pretty annoying. When I hunted bloodvines I stayed invisible every time I ran through goblins.
Re: Goblins... 01/28/2007 05:43 AM CST
What goblins are we talking about? These can't be the goblins anywhere in Zoluren?
Re: Goblins... 01/28/2007 05:46 AM CST
I believe they meant the Black Goblins out in P5.

-Master Ndin
Re: Goblins... 01/28/2007 08:04 AM CST
I would like it if all the ranged critters would at least have to face you. That way I have a chance. It does get annoying when you walk in a room and you get pegged. One little <CRITTER> turns to face you! Then peg me. I'd feel better about that.

Calissa's player
Re: Goblins... 01/28/2007 08:04 AM CST
It seems that those black goblins throwing axes up in p5 near boar clan have insane accuracy that doesn't coincide with they teaching range. Deadly accuracy and doesn't teach is the basic complaint from everybody who's ever tried hunting them. Everybody loves those boars but once they kill em and the goblin jumps off its back, WHAM crit and dead.

Player of Pormithius
Re: Goblins... 01/28/2007 08:17 AM CST
It's the problem with most Ranged using creatures that they are deadly accurate at times. I can pretty much block most attacks with shield but there are occassion while walking though i will get hit and stunned. It seems very random.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: Goblins... 01/28/2007 10:07 AM CST
I still await the day Critters Ranged goes on the PC ranged model instead of the 'no aim = full aim' model that is currently in operation.

Rehlyn

A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
The sailor salutes and walks away to return to his duties.
Re: Goblins... 01/28/2007 03:36 PM CST
>I still await the day Critters Ranged goes on the PC ranged model instead of the 'no aim = full aim' model that is currently in operation.

Completely agreed. It would add some strategy to the fighting too. You could wait for something to start aiming before attacking, for instance. Not that they should always aim necessarily. It would be cool if mobs could switch from aiming to snap shots depending on the situation as well.
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 01/30/2007 07:46 PM CST
i've run past the black goblins a ton. i think i've died there like 3-4 times? i really like the area, its really good for my character both for training and RP. but it does get sort of rediculous, putting myself at risk for death just to run to town. one or two more times i'm going to have to find a new place to train safely, i hate having my favors under 15. if the blackgoblins are meant as a deterant, to keep populations low in this area of P5, i'm supposing it will suceed.

verbal
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 02/13/2007 02:20 PM CST
This is one of my only complaints with Forfedhdar. You could take someone fresh off the hard cap from Sand Sprites and lead them to tresses and bloodvines, then dryads, ogres, gryphons etc and they'd be able to live in Forfedhdar for years with an awesome progression, but it's extremely counterproductive to get them to try to find our nice little community out in the Cleric's guild if they NEED a script to get there or they'll die, get lost, get maimed.

It doesn't make sense, and it's not fun. Then it's not fun again because I'd like to convince people to go there, but they won't because there's nobody there, and there's nobody there because you have to risk life and limb to get there, and nobody goes there because no one else is there, so on and so forth.

I'm begging you to change it.

~Katrenos
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 02/13/2007 02:22 PM CST
Seriously. And you can die in there even if you use a script with a bit of bad luck. Dumb dumb dumb.
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 02/13/2007 02:25 PM CST
It could be changed and I wouldn't complain.

Honestly I used no script for a month or two, then have used a script since, and I've only died once. Most of the time the goblin area is deserted.

And the only time I DID die was because I was lingering and looking for those awesome-looking axes.

You are Malkien, a dashing Barbarian. Huzzah!
You are Apis, a legendary Cleric in your own head.
You are Ragesong. What sort of Kaldar is a Bard, anyways, doofus?
You are also Pellazan (WM), Essatariol (Ranger) and running out of sig space.
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 02/13/2007 02:30 PM CST
Well, in TF people hunt them regularly, so there are always goblins around. Its a real problem.
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 02/13/2007 02:43 PM CST
>>Well, in TF people hunt them regularly, so there are always goblins around. Its a real problem.

Has anyone over there (or here or Plat) attempted to figure out the reqs to use the zipline from Boar Clan and land right in the exit room?

~Thilan
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 02/13/2007 04:13 PM CST
forfedhar was supposed to be the province you need survival skills to live in. So take it as survival of the fittest to get to wherever you need to go.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 02/13/2007 07:36 PM CST
<<forfedhar was supposed to be the province you need survival skills to live in. So take it as survival of the fittest to get to wherever you need to go.>>

Considering Forfedhdar is the province with the most most non-skill barriers such as roots and the ice that requires requires exstreamly slow movement, and mud which may or may not have a skill check, I would argue it is acaully the province that tests that least amount of survival skills. However, thats really not the point the idea of Forfedhdar being the wilderness province while repeated oft by the player base has not been used by GMs for years. In fact I would be willing to bet the dragon that inhabits P5 was talked about more recently from GMs then about how Forfedhdar is a survival haven.
Re: Black Goblins...of doom... 02/17/2007 07:32 AM CST
>>forfedhar was supposed to be the province you need survival skills to live in. So take it as survival of the fittest to get to wherever you need to go.

Life in Forfedhar is tough, this is true, but I think this is one of those times where it's not a bad idea to consider playability just a bit more. DR is supposed to be about adventure, not just gaining skill. Any good adventure will always involve risk, but black goblins are exceptionally dangerous. I would say they are deadly to the majority of DR players. It would be nice to see some tempering of the danger at least in order to get to the cleric's guild in order to encourage adventurer's out to the area.

Having said that I am always glad to gate folks past that area if I'm around. :)

-/\/\
Adventurous Moon mage Daellid