+25% for "Oops I left my money at the bank." 03/01/2005 09:14 PM CST
This is rediculous, no shop anywhere would survive for with that policy. They'd go bank rupt and go under.

Could you please stem this tide of ignorance in all the shops?

The instance that brought this on: Demiciil's armory in shard.

started 7.3 plat

jumped to 9.1 plat.

price agreed to before finding out I left my money in the bank by mistake, 7.16 plat

price jump:

25% from orignal price.

27% jump from agreed price.

Total time it took for me to run to the bank and withdraw the money and return?

>1 minute ~give or take fog.

The Opinions, Suggestions, or Desires in the previous post should have no baring on your Role Play, as they are not presented by Simutronics Staff.
Any actual material would have an In game location to be found.
Re: +25% for "Oops I left my money at the bank." 03/02/2005 08:51 AM CST
You didn't take long enough at the bank... that is, you should have lolli-gagged around another ~29 minutes for them to forget who you were and offer the regular price.

Ebil Cleric Bambina
Re: +25% for "Oops I left my money at the bank." 03/02/2005 09:09 AM CST
I had that same issue just the other day... but I had my money on me, it was in my hand not in my pocket though, oops! So remember, stop protecting your coins before you try to spend them! Hahaha!

~Jycanth
Re: +25% for "Oops I left my money at the bank." 03/02/2005 02:22 PM CST
Just a wish that citizens and/or estate holders could opt to have a purchase or fare added to their debt as long as debts were kept within reason. After all, presumably if you are an estate holder or citizen, the local shop keepers and government know where to find you and you are an upstanding citizen.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: +25% for "Oops I left my money at the bank." 03/08/2005 08:54 PM CST
or at least landowners and citizens, do the fair shake deal and the shop keeper would be arrested, the shop closed for a few minutes, hours, ext, until the shop keeper pays his fine.

Then at least the punk would have a reason to hate you, for being a tattle tale.

real world:

We had a deal, you can't raise the price just because I left my money over there, I'll be right back.

Game world:

You idiot, you didn't have the cash with you, so now I'm going to make sure you can't buy it, by pricing it over what you have.

Real world:

We had a shake on it, Heres your money.

Game world:

So.

how it should be

You agree to the shop keepers price, and being a logical person knowing the facts of the real world, he lets you go and get your money from the safty of the bank.

The Opinions, Suggestions, or Desires in the previous post should have no baring on your Role Play, as they are not presented by Simutronics Staff.
Any actual material would have an In game location to be found.
Re: +25% for "Oops I left my money at the bank." 03/08/2005 11:44 PM CST
Real world:
I go to X car dealer, offers set price. Go to Y car dealer, find a better deal. Go back to X car dealer, tell him Y's price and get an even better price. Credit check is run. Check fails. Now I'm lucky if I can get the car at all. Might get the same low price, but ouch that interest just kicked in.

Time period game is considered:
I bicker back and forth with the shop owner for item. I cheat the shop owner by not having the price agreed upon. I come back after aquiring the money and shop owner still remembers me, doesn't really care to do business with me since I probably don't have the coins on me this time as well and I'm just wasting their time, but, I do have the coin but can't get as good a deal. Can't say I blame the shop owner. Might as well get paid for the time wasted.

Real World:
I have X credit card at X rate. I fail to pay set amount by set time. Now I have X card with Y, a higher rate.

Game:
There is no credit. Just shop owners who remember you, or perhaps a trader who remembers you, or maybe an empath who got very little for saving your life. Revenge!

You may now resume the regularly scheduled rantings.......

~Eoworfinia~
A scowling snow goblin glares in your direction. It then turns, bends over, and lifts a white fur tunic to reveal its bare posterior to you.
Re: +25% for "Oops I left my money at the bank." 03/09/2005 09:16 AM CST
on the smaller items i dont see this being a problem sence i could get thoughs for free (not free for the shop owners though ::snickers::) but i could see 25% of a few plat items being a pain.

~I hate sand~
Re: +25% for "Oops I left my money at the bank." 03/09/2005 04:03 PM CST
>>There is no credit. Just shop owners who remember you, or perhaps a trader who remembers you, or maybe an empath who got very little for saving your life. Revenge!

Actually, it could be argued that we do have it. First, the trainers will still teach you if you don't have the coin on you. Second, the provincial government doesn't terminate your citizenship if you don't have the funds on you (on the plus side, they also don't raid your bank account). Third, if you incur a significant enough debt, Benny and Vito don't come out to thug you and instead sit patiently in the bank waiting for you to make a withdrawal (you could spend the next 10 years just depositing money and they won't mess with you one bit).

J'Lo, no that other one