Segoltha River 09/04/2014 11:15 PM CDT
[Segoltha River, Midstream]
Twisting currents of silt-laden water surge just below the river's surface. A churning, heaving mass of dirty brown waves, the torrent of water stretches as far as the eye can see.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest.

I seem to be stuck in this room. I was coming from the south side of the river, swam north once, and immediately got stuck. I have no burden, I've tried everything. Removed all armor, cast EASE, appraised the swims. I just fail over and over again to either continue going or return back from where I came. After that I went and looked it up and apparently I have nowhere near the skill required. (200 athletics, 350+ recommended.)

I'm a bit puzzled because the Faldesu river works well. You can always abandon your attempt and go back to the shore you came from. Maybe in prime there's enough people passing through that this isn't an issue, but in TF I was completely stuck. Is there a trick I don't know about? I was to the point where I wanted to drown myself.
Re: Segoltha River 09/05/2014 02:36 AM CDT
<<I'm a bit puzzled because the Faldesu river works well. You can always abandon your attempt and go back to the shore you came from. Maybe in prime there's enough people passing through that this isn't an issue, but in TF I was completely stuck. Is there a trick I don't know about? I was to the point where I wanted to drown myself.

I thought they put in mechanics where it would drag you to shore eventually? Maybe by laying down or something. At any rate, getting stuck like that was said to be by design when people started posting about this soon after it's release.

As for a TF solution... It might not be worth the effort given the rarity of it happening, but maybe you could convince whoever is running the current Moongate-bot to add a rescue trigger to their script since you can locate shift a moonbeam into there from just outside the portal.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Segoltha River 09/05/2014 09:05 AM CDT
>I thought they put in mechanics where it would drag you to shore eventually? Maybe by laying down or something. At any rate, getting stuck like that was said to be by design when people started posting about this soon after it's release.

I was getting dragged, but it was into the same room I was already in.

Honestly, we should be able to drown ourselves if the mechanics aren't going to be tweaked. It shouldn't be possible to get stuck with no way out.
Re: Segoltha River 09/05/2014 03:47 PM CDT
Funny story - when I joined staff writing the messaging for the Segoltha drowning system was one of my very first projects before I even had GSL access. I have no idea where the messaging went and where the project ever got (Except for 'not released') and the staff member involved hasn't been on staff for quite awhile.

... I'll add it back to the list I guess.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Segoltha River 09/05/2014 05:35 PM CDT
>>I thought they put in mechanics where it would drag you to shore eventually? Maybe by laying down or something. At any rate, getting stuck like that was said to be by design when people started posting about this soon after it's release.

In fairness there were a lot of older by-design that have been deemed rather dopey in retrospect (ie: gear breakage, tired but alert, frozen mindstates, staff sling skill...)

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Segoltha River 09/06/2014 09:50 AM CDT
>In fairness there were a lot of older by-design that have been deemed rather dopey in retrospect (ie: gear breakage, tired but alert, frozen mindstates, staff sling skill...)

True, but the Segoltha was coded after the Faldesu.
Re: Segoltha River 09/08/2014 05:36 PM CDT
>>True, but the Segoltha was coded after the Faldesu.

I know, but there's no reason why a GM couldn't have gone "yeah, you can get stuck in the Segoltha and that's by design!," despite not being able to get stuck in the Faldesu in a similar manner.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.