Help Aesry 03/02/2013 08:17 PM CST
The stairs on Aesry seem to be horrible after the 3.0 transition. The amount of time it requires some move advanced adventures to get too tired from all the climbing seems short. There have been a few mentions of it as well in the Aesry folder, but haven't seen any response from staff letting us know it is at least on the radar. Thanks

Aesry the place to be
Re: Help Aesry 03/02/2013 08:21 PM CST
Don't they take a huge static cut of stamina? I remember someone explaining it and basically it boiled down to 'rest 5 minutes between stairs'.

Frankly, the steps mechanics need to be taken out behind the barn, beaten to death, shot, burried, dug up, hung and drowned, beaten some more, shot again, then cremated and salted.

They're not fun, no one likes them, they don't add anything, and they actively ruin gameplay enjoyment. Oh, and I don't believe they train, or diminish transit time with skill.

YAY GREAT GAME DESIGN.

Pants.
Re: Help Aesry 03/02/2013 10:22 PM CST

>> There have been a few mentions of it as well in the Aesry folder, but haven't seen any response from staff letting us know it is at least on the radar.

Might want to bump this to general discussions. I'm not sure anyone is monitoring this or the aesry folder.
Re: Help Aesry 03/03/2013 03:45 PM CST
>>Oh, and I don't believe they train, or diminish transit time with skill.

Unless something's changed, they do train, and transit time does diminish with skill.

I do like "passive learning" stuff like this, but I agree it could be fixed up to be about 100 times better. Basically, align the fatigue hit to fit with 3.0, and change the pseudo-RT into actual RT so that you can still teach and your scripts can more easily handle the travel.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Help Aesry 03/03/2013 06:38 PM CST

>> Unless something's changed, they do train, and transit time does diminish with skill.

It broke awhile ago. It no longer teaches at 300+ and takes forever. When it first was introduced it was supposed to teach forever.
Re: Help Aesry 03/06/2013 10:19 AM CST
>>Don't they take a huge static cut of stamina?

They take a ridiculous cut of stamina, particularly when compared to the steps leading to and from the pier & the city. With high 700s Athletics I can make it from the pier to the city in under a minute with little / no stamina loss. I cant climb the stairs within the city three times consecutively before I am "just too exhausted to continue". Silly.

- Kart / Rhoat
Re: Help Aesry 03/08/2013 11:34 AM CST
The major issue with Aesry-like stairs mechanics is that they don't recognize that people don't get stamina back almost instantly. I had the same thing happen when checking out the Moon Mage guild outside of Riverhaven.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Help Aesry 08/11/2014 10:06 PM CDT
/poke
Re: Help Aesry 08/16/2014 10:34 AM CDT
I've noticed that the stairs inside Aesry seem way worse than the path between Aesry and the Docks. If you go from the herbalist shop to the bard shop... well, good luck without waiting 5 minutes.