Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 01:26 PM CDT
Has an explanation ever been given as to why there are so few gryphon rooms there? Since I arrived there 2 years ago there have always been problems with availability, and it's still a problem now. All it really takes is 2-3 dedicated scripters and it's a real problem
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 01:39 PM CDT
>>Has an explanation ever been given as to why there are so few gryphon rooms there? Since I arrived there 2 years ago there have always been problems with availability, and it's still a problem now. All it really takes is 2-3 dedicated scripters and it's a real problem<<

people have been asking for more rooms there forever, and to a lesser extent people always ask for more deer rooms. There are more gryphon rooms that are generally less attended to down in shard. However, most people prefer Theren due to its larger PC population, which incidentally also leads to the very crowding your having issues with.
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 01:53 PM CDT
I can't speak for everyone and I'm not in theren terribly often but if you're up there and you see me in a room, you're welcome to join me as long as you poke me first and say hi.

Don't roll up in my room and just start killing stuff or I'll think you had a script malfunction :)

- Starlear -
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 01:58 PM CDT
It's usually pretty bad in there, that's for sure. I think in addition to having more rooms, it'd also be nice to have better scaling and separation of the fledgling/young/mature into rooms where you can hunt one flavor without being bogged down by getting gryphons that are too easy. I'd likely go and hunt the mature gryphs if I could get a room with them that didn't also have tons of baby gryhs. It's kinda like having cougars in elder deer rooms. I've noticed that rooms have been harder than usual to get as of late as well. If you don't mind sharing, and you're looking while I'm in one, feel free to ask and join.

-Broichan Leshyahen
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 02:15 PM CDT
which rooms actually have young? because i climbed something from baby/fledglings and i didn't even see any young, only mature, which i can't hit with my tm yet.

War is Peace, Truth is Lies. -george orwell
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 02:18 PM CDT
Same goes for me, although I do train LT and my script may steal your blades if you're throwing them : /. You can always just steal mine back though.

Really it was fine a week ago in youngs and now 2 groups of people moved up from the baby rooms and they're in there every time I log on, to the point that I was forced to move down to shard to try it out and maybe move on to shalswar. There only seems to be one consistently swarmy room in shard and it is usually occupied it seems. But yeah, I'm always willing to share my room.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't provide more of those swarmy rooms up there since they've always been such a popular mob at those levels.

They also put some nifty toads down in leth for estate holders that seem to be about the same, but I don't know of anyone who hunts there, and the spawn seemed mediocre with only 1 hunter in there, sadly. Not sure if hunt would work either since you're basically playing tarzan in that hunting ground.
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 02:20 PM CDT
>>which rooms actually have young? because i climbed something from baby/fledglings and i didn't even see any young, only mature, which i can't hit with my tm yet.

after climbing the chimney, go ne, climb slope, and those 4 rooms have fledgling/young
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 06:37 PM CDT
>I just don't understand why they wouldn't provide more of those swarmy rooms up there since they've always been such a popular mob at those levels.

I believe the closed nature and limited room availability is part of the reason that Rossman's gryphons is such a great hunting area. The fact that there is always 2+ people in a 4 room area with multiple entrance points for each room means that you are extremely unlikely to run out of spawn in your room. I moved back to Rossman's from Shard for this very reason, and since I typically play very late at night, finding a room hasn't been a problem. If an area is made larger, the spawn per hunter should be increased: Shard versus Rossman's is a reflection of that exact situation. Same creatures, same spawn rate but larger area, and thus less popular.

I would not be an advocate of expanding this area, but I would like to see the elder area utilized by modifying the elder gryphon combat mechanics. I would never use the 4 room young/fledgling area if the elder gryphons were huntable.
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/29/2011 11:44 PM CDT
I've never had a problem in Rossman gryphons, but on the occasions when all rooms are full and nobody wants me to hunt with them, I find something else to do for a while before checking back again. It's not a big deal for me.
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/30/2011 04:57 AM CDT
>>I've never had a problem in Rossman gryphons, but on the occasions when all rooms are full and nobody wants me to hunt with them, I find something else to do for a while before checking back again. It's not a big deal for me.

Pretty much this. Rossman's is in close proximity to good places to train Climbing, Swimming, and at the very least you can keep your Survivals going while waiting for a room to free up.

Also, I generally hunt in someone's room if they're not responsive for a minute after I say hello and ask if I can hunt with them.
Re: Rossman Gryphons 06/30/2011 06:43 AM CDT
I am always willing to share my room with anyone who doesn't use a rude script and doesn't mind my avenger.