Provincial Guild Requirements 06/09/2003 11:29 AM CDT
This post is being echoed in Abilties, Skills and Magic > General Discussions.

The idea just struck me that Provincial Guild Requirements would be very cool. Now, bare with me. I usually think these things through very thoroughly before posting, but this one just popped into my head and I started typing.

I think people who have chosen citizenship for one of the provinces should get [slightly] altered requirements from their guild. Nothing too monumental, but something to reflect that each guildleader has a slightly different view of the way things should be. To use my guild (Moon Mage) for example, Mortom may require his students to have a better grasp of overall magic, while (guy on Taisgath, can't remember name) may want his pupils to be better skilled in astrology and their connection to the web of fate. Certain skills would have higher reqs, others would be lowered. If you weren't a citizen of a province you'd get the general reqs. And perhaps as a balancing feature for having different requisits, you'd only be able to circle in your own province.

>ask kssarh about circle
Kssarh glances at you and looks you over. "Aren't you one of Mortom's students? Well I haven't got a blasted idea what he wants of you. Go back to Ilithi if you want to advance!" He scoffs and goes back to his own students.

-Smozh
<<Lasarhhtha pats you on the back.
Lasarhhtha says, "Others should learn much from you, yes.">>
Re: Provincial Guild Requirements 06/09/2003 11:54 AM CDT
Too fun. I'll have to find a combat heavy guildleader.

Steel.

Gravity isn't just a law, it's a good idea.
Re: Provincial Guild Requirements 06/09/2003 11:55 AM CDT
there aren't guildhalls for every guild on each of the islands where you can be a citizen.

For instance, there is a trader guildhall on aesry but not one in Ratha.

And Velaka <muspar'I> doesn't have many guildhalls either.

~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Provincial Guild Requirements 06/09/2003 12:04 PM CDT
>>I think people who have chosen citizenship for one of the provinces should get [slightly] altered requirements from their guild. Nothing too monumental, but something to reflect that each guildleader has a slightly different view of the way things should be. To use my guild (Moon Mage) for example, Mortom may require his students to have a better grasp of overall magic, while (guy on Taisgath, can't remember name) may want his pupils to be better skilled in astrology and their connection to the web of fate. Certain skills would have higher reqs, others would be lowered. If you weren't a citizen of a province you'd get the general reqs. And perhaps as a balancing feature for having different requisits, you'd only be able to circle in your own province.

That would be a very interesting twist in my opinion. I could see a lot of RP opportunities. "Oh, you're a -nothern- warrior mage, eh? Feh, what do you know of elemantles?" I don't know about how this should specifically be applied, but I definitely like the idea of creating regional distinctions within guilds somehow.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Provincial Guild Requirements 06/09/2003 02:48 PM CDT
<<there aren't guildhalls for every guild on each of the islands where you can be a citizen.>>

I thought I mentioned that. Guess I didn't. Oops.

If there was no hall where you were a citizen, you would just have the base requirements, not altered.

-Smozh
Re: Provincial Guild Requirements 06/09/2003 03:42 PM CDT
<<cont>>

... and could circle at any guildhall.

-Smozh
Re: Provincial Guild Requirements 06/27/2003 04:23 PM CDT
Love the idea, not sure if it would ever be put into place. Coming up with new sets of requirements would be difficult enough for the GMs I'm sure.

But then again, I know for example that the Barbarian Guild requires that certain levels of skill be reached in your highest armor or weapon, and then several survival skills. The flavor of the different guildhalls would be perhaps a requirement that isntead of just your highest weapon it be a heavy blunt, or that of the survivals one has to be skinning, etc. etc. I'm not sure how easy it would be to modify the other guilds where it's specific in the requirements what skill you have.

Lupca[o]n
Re: Provincial Guild Requirements 06/28/2003 12:05 AM CDT
<<Love the idea, not sure if it would ever be put into place. Coming up with new sets of requirements would be difficult enough for the GMs I'm sure.>>

Well, yeah. If it's hard for GMs, I'm not gonna pressure. This is one of those cool easter-egg kinda things, not something I think the game NEEDs.

S.