Something, anything 11/04/2006 04:41 PM CST
A bank, a gem buyer, a furrier, a fish buyer,... anything so that if you end up having enough money for the ferry but NOT the skiff, you aren't stuck begging for change. Please!

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Something, anything 11/05/2006 10:09 AM CST
>>A bank, a gem buyer, a furrier, a fish buyer,... anything so that if you end up having enough money for the ferry but NOT the skiff, you aren't stuck begging for change. Please!<<

Estate holders have a bank in Ain Ghazal in the Trader Guild, but yes I agree that something needs to be there for any circle to earn coin for the boats. A pawnshop too maybe.

Re: Something, anything 11/05/2006 10:25 AM CST
The trader guild would be a good place for something. Maybe a few fish poles like the ones on some of the boats, and a fish buyer. It really doesn't need to be much. It can be any small thing, a dwarf that takes coins for foraged rocks, anything! But if you don't have enough money to get back on the skiff or on the ferry, you are stuck until someone comes along. I imagine if I didn't have a gweth, I would have been there for hours.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 02:47 PM CST
Out of curiousity, has anyone figured out how to die in an interesting fashion in Ain Ghazal?

-Z
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 03:10 PM CST
If you mean by eating mushrooms, I managed that on my first visit. If its more interesting than that I don't know.
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 03:29 PM CST
Are you perhaps referring to cliff diving? It's a beautiful view from that high up.

Asbhuan
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 03:30 PM CST
Way more interesting than that.

Hint: It involves being bad.

-Z
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 03:38 PM CST
No, I didn't starve in the dumbwaiter.
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 03:44 PM CST
>> Hint: It involves being bad.

I'm on it! :3

Rev. Reene

"It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it." - Jane Eyre

Make some action!
http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 03:46 PM CST
Does it involve stealing a particular something there?

Or stealing things there in excess?

- Simon

RU DOMINATION: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 05:10 PM CST
>>I'm on it! :3<<

When I get home, we'll continue our battle there.. ;)

Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 05:32 PM CST
>Or stealing things there in excess?<

Go ahead and see what happens. I dare you ;)

-Z
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 07:01 PM CST
lol

- Simon

Niamara: was on my way out with 18 vitality when I died ;-)
Niamara: and before you say it
Simon: You didn't use berserk stone?
Niamara: I was berserking stone
Niamara: LOL
Re: Something, anything 11/08/2006 10:10 PM CST
>>Hint: It involves being bad.

Well, I was gonna say walking out of a Hibarnvhidar bar with an ale-soaked hand-axe and some wood splinters, but I guess that'd merely be gutsy instead of bad.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Something, anything 03/20/2007 07:00 PM CDT
>> Go ahead and see what happens. I dare you ;)

I realize this was awhile ago, but no one posted a follow up, and I did say I would check it out...

So I got a little greedy in the makeup store. I hope this isn't some kind of in-game secret, because it's hilarious.

>
Several women clad in simple brown shifts approach you. As they surround you, their leader speaks, "That you would be so bold as to commit crimes in our land suggests that perhaps you are unfamiliar with our laws. This will serve as your reminder."

The Sisters grab you by the arms and lead you out of sight of any witnesses. Then, with graceful and precise strikes, your limbs and torso are pummeled until almost every part of your body aches. "All of Forfedhdar will hear of your crimes," they state in unison as the beating ends.
The Sisters pick up your sagging form and dump you unceremoniously where they found you. As they exit gracefully, the bruises covering your body are a testament to how much a kick from a slippered foot can hurt.
P>health
Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have minor swelling and bruising around the right arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the left arm, minor swelling and bruising around the right leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the right leg, minor swelling and bruising around the left leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the left leg, minor swelling and bruising around the right hand compounded by cuts and bruises about the right hand, minor swelling and bruising around the left hand compounded by cuts and bruises about the left hand, minor swelling and bruising in the chest area compounded by cuts and bruises about the chest area, minor swelling and bruising in the abdomen compounded by cuts and bruises about the abdomen, minor swelling and bruising in the back compounded by cuts and bruises about the back.

I'm pretty sure something akin to what happens if you get caught repeatedly in one of the Zoluren clans will happen if I do it again (first your hand, then your head). Seeing as there is no Cleric or Empath with me and I have no idea where I'll depart to, though... I'll opt on passing this time around. :)

Rev. Reene

"Who provides the opportunity to cultivate patience? Not our friends. Our enemies give us the most crucial chances to grow."
- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama
Re: Something, anything 03/20/2007 07:15 PM CDT
Yay! You need to do the one after it though. :D

-Z
Re: Something, anything 03/21/2007 10:03 PM CDT
That was a long trip just to get my ass beat by a bunch of girls.

H>steal box (it occurs to me now how many of these I had to steal to get them to catch me. heh.)
You move stealthily toward a gilded blue porcelain box, attempting to avoid the notice of a sales clerk, but at the last minute you realize that you are being watched and should back off.
A sales clerk points to where you lie concealed and begins to shout loudly for help.
You come out of hiding.
Roundtime: 8 sec.
R>
The shuffling of slippered feet draws your attention, and you suddenly notice two very large Gor'Tog women in plain brown shifts. Before you have a chance to react, they grab you by the arms, and another massive hand comes from behind you to grip the scruff of your neck.

An Elven woman in a dull brown dress approaches you slowly. With a stern look on her face, she solemnly intones, "Your repeated disregard for the laws of our Sisterhood will not be tolerated. As we speak, news of your transgressions spreads throughout Forfedhdar."

Finishing her statement, she reverently draws a poignard from a simple leather sheath tied at her waist. "This is a responsibility the Sisters of the Rose do not cherish, but we must follow our laws even if you will not. Please do not let us cross paths under such unfavorable conditions again."

The grip on your neck and arms tighten, allowing the Elven Sister to drive the blade under your ribs in a graceful, fatal movement. As she withdraws the poignard from your heart, the last thing you notice before you slip into oblivion is how little blood there was.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

Ave Zeyurn. :P

Rev. Reene

"Who provides the opportunity to cultivate patience? Not our friends. Our enemies give us the most crucial chances to grow."
- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama
Re: Something, anything 03/22/2007 08:12 AM CDT
Cool.

Thanks for sharing that.

-=Dirge. We've been kicking ash for centuries!=-