Is there really no way off the island? 07/25/2014 12:40 PM CDT
I've got a character on Ain with no coin, not an estate holder, and lacking the skill to open the boxes. Is there really still no way for him to generate ferry fare? This doesn't seem like poor area design?
Re: Is there really no way off the island? 07/25/2014 01:37 PM CDT
Can he kill graverobbers and loot them (You mentioned boxes)?

I think I found a gem/fur buyer there at some point.

But I agree, it's terribad, if you can't hunt there and didn't bring cash/gem/fur...you're screwed.

Maybe put in a task system for foraging rocks?
Re: Is there really no way off the island? 07/25/2014 01:40 PM CDT
Or a fish buyer and a free fishing pole/bait like on the ships?

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Is there really no way off the island? 07/25/2014 02:00 PM CDT
> Can he kill graverobbers and loot them (You mentioned boxes)?

He can take graverobbers and trolls, but neither of them drop coins. There aren't any other critters.

> I think I found a gem/fur buyer there at some point.

There's a premium only gem buyer, but I'm not premium. No furrier that I've found.
Re: Is there really no way off the island? 07/25/2014 03:36 PM CDT
Huh, looks like cave trolls were changed to drop coins at some point, presumably for exactly this reason. Thank you whoever did that.
Re: Is there really no way off the island? 07/27/2014 05:04 PM CDT
Just to be all nerdy, but cave trolls I believe always had coins. What actually happened on Ain Ghazal, IIRC, is that cave trolls were out of the reach of a bunch of folks (they're like 300 OF/DF critters), and then (probably coincidentally) the graverobbers were added. I remember thinking, and posting, Oh joy! A new critter within my reach that I can possibly use should I be caught on the island without coin/robbed/depart oddly. Only to find it didn't drop coin and the boxes were well out of reach for me. And then I said Ha Ha funny u guize! and that was the end of that thread.