Pirates: The Scourge of the Sea (Reposted from Ratha) 03/29/2011 07:04 PM CDT
I would like to bring a proposal to the ruling parties of Qi'Reshalia and associated islands.

While pirate plague decent sea-faring folk the length of and breadth of the sea, and though hundreds die each week to mine and other's hands, there seems no lessening to their intensity.

Myself as a citizen of Ratha, while finding pleasure alone in the slaughter of so many pirates, believe we could encourage further debilitation of the pirate fleet through a bounty. The ears of pirates, and most notably the sashes, carry the proof of their demise. Collection of these markers and their delivery to the watch or guard of any of the islands would result in the payout of the bounty to the citizen.

While I would not presume to try and bankrupt our state's coffers on such a bounty, the bounty could be paid-out in not just coin but perhaps benefits as well. A reduction in taxes, special merchants for citizens with credit awarded according to how many ears/sashes are brought in, and/or other benefits that may come to mind later as we determine what could be best appropriate.

Pirates have wrecked havoc on the islands for time-eternal. Perhaps we can persuade our citizenry to do their part to protect the islands we call home.

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Soldier of Ratha

(I'd like to post this in the other islands folders but don't want to be accused of spamming the boards, so I'm going to do it anyway just in case not everyone reads each islands forum :) )
Re: Pirates: The Scourge of the Sea (Reposted from Ratha) 04/03/2011 01:01 AM CDT
Please keep this thread to the Ratha folder.

Thanks!

GM Alvy
Re: Pirates: The Scourge of the Sea (Reposted from Ratha) 04/18/2011 11:28 AM CDT
It works for Aesry too Alvy. Just because Ratha is the only one that see's the pirates come to shore, doesn't mean that there aren't pirates around the whole of the Reshalia.

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Soldier of Ratha