Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/08/2010 05:11 PM CDT
For convenience sake, is there an outdoor trash bin in a vine foragable area anywhere in or around Aesry?
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/08/2010 05:13 PM CDT
There is a hole in the fissure off snoblins, and I seem to remember a bin near or at the bank.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/08/2010 05:20 PM CDT
Can't forage for vines on the glacier it seems. Haven't seen anything at or around the bank, but I'll look again when I can.
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/08/2010 05:43 PM CDT
Keep in mind that it has been a bit since I spent much time on Aesry. I seem to remember being able to find vines on the path to moss meys- but there was no disposal there, unless you want to use Dump Junk.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 02:30 AM CDT
The bin in front of the bank disappeared years ago, but there is one inside at the money changer. I don't think there is a bin anywhere on Aesry that is near a vine/grass foragable spot unfortunately. If your character is a magic user, you could perhaps grab a Compost runestone and sit in a wilderness area to braid and use that to clear up. There are usually some runestones in the charity chest in the Cleric guild to the East of the town.
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 04:16 AM CDT
Why not call the janitor occasionally to keep the room clean?

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 11:56 AM CDT
>Why not call the janitor occasionally to keep the room clean?

You could, but you still can't forage after like 7-8 piles/braided vines are on the ground. Then you have to wait a couple of minuets for the janitor to show up. Unless you are moving rooms while braiding or collectiong it does get kind of silly.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 11:58 AM CDT
Kick your piles when you're done with them. Use "dump junk" for braided vines. I've never had so many vines accumulate between janitor visits that I've had to stop.
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 01:02 PM CDT
I was thinking there was a hole or something in the garden of the Crystal Inn.

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 02:18 PM CDT
>>Kick your piles when you're done with them. Use "dump junk" for braided vines.

^This.

People who don't kick their own piles as they go, particularly in "gathering spots," are a leading cause of me wanting to hurt someone.

Ogdaro
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 02:31 PM CDT
Any collect script should have a "put kick pile" listed right after it.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 02:38 PM CDT
>>Then you have to wait a couple of minuets for the janitor to show up.
Only if you call the janitor once the room's to cluttered. If you call the janitor before that point, the down time could be significantly reduced.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 04:40 PM CDT
> charity chest in the Cleric guild to the East of the town

I didn't know about the charity chest. Is there one anywhere else on Aesry?

Dierik

That qualification proves that if you wear a suit made out of bloody steaks and do a mocking jig in front of a pack of dogs while singing "U Can't Touch This" that they'll bite you. DR-RAESH
Re: Braiding on Aesry (Mech Lore)? 09/11/2010 08:30 PM CDT
The chest in the cleric guild is the only one on the island that I know of. I used to keep it stocked with herbs and such as part of my stealing script, but since very few people know about it, I stopped. I am sure others put runes and things in it though, probably from doing boxes in there as there is a bin next to it too.