Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 06:07 PM CDT
Can ur hhrki'izh not curse lodged items?

This was probably ok back when there were enough players that a cleric might have been in Aesry, but now it means that somebody who makes the mistake of lodging a thrown weapon has to go to mainland or wait for the curse to wear off. Either way it is hours upon RL hours of inconvenience for a simple mistake.
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 06:59 PM CDT
Unleash or invoke an uncurse scroll if you're hunting a critter that curses stuff.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 08:21 PM CDT
Curses are broken since 3.0 they need to be reassessed anyway.

"Learn uncurse" isn't an answer.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 08:35 PM CDT
>>> Unleash or invoke an uncurse scroll if you're hunting a critter that curses stuff.

First, It always baffles me that "train a ton of sorcery and then find a rare scroll drop" combined with "don't ever die so you won't lose said incredibly rare scroll" is considered an acceptable answer to so many problems.

Second, I won't hunt Ur hhrki'izh with my cleric (who knows uncurse) because it is incredibly inconvenient to need to uncurse every lodged ranged weapon and arrow you use.
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 08:59 PM CDT
>First, It always baffles me that "train a ton of sorcery and then find a rare scroll drop" combined with "don't ever die so you won't lose said incredibly rare scroll" is considered an acceptable answer to so many problems.

Uncurse is a basic spell - you don't have to train a 'ton' of sorcery to invoke and cast it much less Unleash it. If you're hunting a cursed, spellcasting creature and you aren't a cleric you're going to have to resort to sorcery or choose to hunt a creature that you have the tools for. Almost any other creature would be a better choice for a moon mage to hunt, sorcery or no.

Use Lob rather than Throw or use a non-lodging thrown weapon.

Vote:
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 09:21 PM CDT
>Uncurse is a basic spell - you don't have to train a 'ton' of sorcery to invoke and cast it

My thief would.
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 09:30 PM CDT
>>>> Uncurse is a basic spell - you don't have to train a 'ton' of sorcery to invoke and cast it much less Unleash it.

Good point. What about my other two equally valid points about why telling him to get an uncurse scroll is problematic?

>>> Use Lob rather than Throw or use a non-lodging thrown weapon.

Could you suggest a non lodging command for arrows and bolts?
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 09:38 PM CDT
>Could you suggest a non lodging command for arrows and bolts?

Not arrows - but you can use a stonebow and shards for crossbow as a non-lodging option.

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 09:49 PM CDT
>What about my other two equally valid points about why telling him to get an uncurse scroll is problematic?

No spell scroll that exists is all that difficult to track down or that expensive. The most expensive spell scrolls cost less than what you can sell a gem pouch for. Carry ~30 favors and you have a good chance of keeping your invoked scrolls. Don't shoot arrows into cursed creatures if you don't want your ammo cursed.

Hunting creatures in quest areas almost always comes with lots of problems. You either deal with those problems or don't hunt them.

In any case, I rifted him to the mainland, he got uncursed. With gweth ranges as they are being stuck on Aesry isn't a problem if there's a moon in the sky.

Vote:
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 09:54 PM CDT
>> The most expensive spell scrolls cost less than what you can sell a gem pouch for.

Not someone hunting ur hhrki'izh.

"Train sorcery" is not a very good response to this issue. Besides, there should be fewer reasons to use sorcery, not more.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 10:02 PM CDT
Boar clan sells arrows with no puncture. No lodging.

Didn't expect all the pushback from recommending a moon mage spell to a moon mage. Lol.

Vote:
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 10:25 PM CDT
Uncurse isn't a Moon Mage spell. Not every Moon Mage trains sorcery. Nor should a PC training/using sorcery be regarded as the "default."

(#notallmoonies)

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/18/2015 10:29 PM CDT
>> Uncurse isn't a Moon Mage spell. Not every Moon Mage trains sorcery. Nor should a PC training/using sorcery be regarded as the "default."

I think he meant Unleash, not Uncurse. Still, the correct solution to this problem is, as mentioned elsewhere, fix curses. Or better yet, because that will probably take a while, turn off the curse functionality of the critter - relatively simple by comparison - and then turn it back on once curses are fixed.

I

"Could be worse, I could agree with Pureblade." ~ Samsaren
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse 05/19/2015 09:08 AM CDT
This is such a silly conversation.

The fact that debilitation stun/immobilization effects last a few seconds and other debilitations don't last that much longer should be reason enough to acknowledge that curse durations are currently broken and silly.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ur hhrki'izh curse ::NUDGE:: 05/19/2015 09:37 AM CDT
Let's please try to have this discussion without jumping on each other's backs for suggestions.

If you'd like to discuss broader issues with curses, the Abilities, Skills, and Magic folder might be a good place to explain what is currently wrong with them and give suggestions how to fix them.

Thank you,

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator

If you have a question about the forums, please email me Senior Board Moderator Helje at DR-Helje@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net