Aesry Gates 04/09/2013 01:40 PM CDT
I am just wondering if anyone knows why the guards change reactions to different characters:

when my Elven Moon Mage walks through the gates he gets the message "As you pass beneath the Eluned Prayer Gate, the guards sneer at you." My Elven Cleric gets the message "As you pass beneath the Eluned Prayer Gate, the guards give you a grudging nod." This occurred both before and after becoming a citizen on both characters? Is this related to class or is there some other difference?
Re: Aesry Gates 04/09/2013 01:41 PM CDT
Actually, now that I think about it, is it a possibility to have the messaging changed as a citizenship benefit as well?
Re: Aesry Gates 04/09/2013 01:46 PM CDT
>> am just wondering if anyone knows why the guards change reactions to different characters:

Bow to them and you will get the correct message.

The bucket burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

Suddenly it spits out some niniam field plate onto the floor.
Re: Aesry Gates 04/09/2013 02:23 PM CDT
> when my Elven Moon Mage walks through the gates he gets the message "As you pass beneath the Eluned Prayer Gate, the guards sneer at you."

They're annoyed you disrespected their traditions.

> My Elven Cleric gets the message "As you pass beneath the Eluned Prayer Gate, the guards give you a grudging nod."

Not sure about this one, but I'm guessing they're still annoyed, but feel some respect for a cleric.
Re: Aesry Gates 04/09/2013 07:29 PM CDT
>>when my Elven Moon Mage walks through the gates he gets the message "As you pass beneath the Eluned Prayer Gate, the guards sneer at you."

Bow at the gods-avatar statue at the gate - for the Eluned Prayer Gate it's a dolphin - and they'll be much more pleasant.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Aesry Gates 04/23/2013 07:27 PM CDT
>>Bow at the gods-avatar statue at the gate - for the Eluned Prayer Gate it's a dolphin - and they'll be much more pleasant.

What's the other one? I looked at/in/over/under/behind/through the prayer gate on the east side of town, but I still can't find what i'm supposed to be humble to in order to avoid the guards stankeye and evillooks when I walk through it.
Re: Aesry Gates 04/23/2013 08:22 PM CDT
There are two gates. Bow to the wren at the Faenella Prayer Gate and the snake at the Periel Prayer Gate.