Okay quick question 01/14/2004 08:57 AM CST
How do i get from the airport to the hotel? <G> bus/cab or is it within walking distance?

Jen player of Anbeth
Re: Okay quick question 01/14/2004 09:23 AM CST
Don't walk!!! Canten did that one year, it looks a lot closer than it really is.

There is a cab line very well marked just outside the airport. I'm not sure how much it is in general, 10 bucks or so? Someone let me know if they remember. The line looks long but it moves very quickly.

Kellie/Mia

There is nothing more liberating than dancing barefoot.
Re: Okay quick question 01/14/2004 09:24 AM CST
>>How do i get from the airport to the hotel? <G> bus/cab or is it within walking distance?

No hotels in walking distance, from what I recall. Bus/cab is the way to go.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Okay quick question 01/14/2004 11:55 AM CST
Hitchhike.

Just keep a spell or three prepped.

Peperic Timarson, a Ranger, all around nice guy and occasional board bully.
Re: Okay quick question 01/14/2004 12:09 PM CST
You might want to look around this site: http://www.vegas.com/transportation/

They list tons of transportation options - there are shuttles that run under $5 per person to go from the airport to strip hotels, I was planning to use one of those.

The rest of the site looks to be fairly informative as well.

~Raycha
Re: Okay quick question 01/14/2004 12:23 PM CST
oh thank you Raycha! i'll check it out tonight! <beams>
Re: Okay quick question 01/14/2004 03:09 PM CST
<<No hotels in walking distance, from what I recall. Bus/cab is the way to go.>>

Yeah, as I recall they have shuttles just outside, it costs a few bucks, but they'll take you to the hotels. It's a flat charge too.

-Chakram

Not my fault... honest.
Re: Okay quick question 01/14/2004 07:04 PM CST
when you exit security area of airport within 50 yards there it semi opens to some overhead balcony type area. if your walking on side of this it looks over the bagage carousels were the checked on bagage arrives. If your in middle of walkway it runs slap into the stairs to take you down to bagage claim.

Pretty much at this point if you walk straight off stairs you can go out some doors to Taxi area. A zig zag line were like 24 cabs at one time or waved into park, all load then exit and another 24 or so waved in. People stand in line about 12-15 minutes. hundreds in line but 100's of cabs commin. 24 take like 60 seconds to cycle thru.

If you go to the bagage carousels and there are many and continue on in that direction outside past them there is the Hotel shuttle bus service. Yea like 4 or 5 bucks and stops at all the hotels. I used it once to go to Sahara, it took like 40 minutes. I used Take as well before that was like 24 bucks but much faster. Of course the Frintier is much closer than the Sahara.

Hehe I go to Vegas about 6 times a year. usually around every other month and may start going once a month starting the 28th of this month.

The worst thing on Vegas airport is leaving it. If you fly out of gates A&C for sure your in for some long lines. If you fly out gate D. its not so bad. I can get there 40 minutes before flight on gate D and make it to plance with 10 minutes to spare. ON say gate A & B at example. you better be there like 2 hours early. At least 1.5 hours early. and over 2 hours early is recomended.

" GOT BEER "

Re: Okay quick question 01/15/2004 04:10 PM CST
<<Don't walk!!! Canten did that one year, it looks a lot closer than it really is.

There is a cab line very well marked just outside the airport. I'm not sure how much it is in general, 10 bucks or so? Someone let me know if they remember. The line looks long but it moves very quickly.

Kellie/Mia>>

Yes, I did that, and Im not a small boy(ok..so Im a fat boy, big deal, I still did somthing the rest of you havent!). I walked from the Airport, to the Luxor, a 2 hour walk. Had a blister the size of a golf ball on my foot for the entire con, and about a week after! Take a cab, or better yet, one year, I found a 4$ limo service, sure they pack you in with a bunch of other people but travelling in style is worth it! Im not sure if the Frontier runs a shuttle service, but Im sure one of the other hotels within walk distance of it does if you really want to take a free ride, heh.

David/Canten
Re: Okay quick question 01/15/2004 06:14 PM CST
>>Im not sure if the Frontier runs a shuttle service, but Im sure one of the other hotels within walk distance of it does if you really want to take a free ride, heh.

They don't, I asked.

But, just to be ridiculous, while I was checking out rental cars on Orbitz, it turns out that one of the off-airport rental companies is housed in the New Frontier, and they run a shuttle service. Weird, IMO.

~Kyn

Weapons http://members.cox.net/trader-indigoe/weapon.html
Armor http://www.heromachine.com/drealms/
Mac OS X FE http://home.attbi.com/~fury42/
Circle http://www.terkowitz.com/
Maps http://www.rangerrawb.com/ranik/
Re: Okay quick question 01/15/2004 06:24 PM CST
>>Don't walk!!! Canten did that one year, it looks a lot closer than it really is.<<

Plus the area between the airport and the strip is kinda nasty, lots of smut bars and not so nice people about.

DaMaddWebba

Remeber fen while you rant n rave a roach can live 9 days w/o it's head but you cant

Playahata - One who offers truthful constructive criticism that is in opposition to popular opinion or the status quo.
Re: Okay quick question 01/16/2004 10:46 AM CST
>>Plus the area between the airport and the strip is kinda nasty, lots of smut bars and not so nice people about.<<

Not much of a change for you, since you live in Oakland.

Arctuniol

"The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."
- Edsgar Dijkstra
Re: Okay quick question 01/17/2004 10:09 PM CST
<<Plus the area between the airport and the strip is kinda nasty, lots of smut bars and not so nice people about.
DaMaddWebba

Sounds like the THief guilds home away from home then. To bad were not allowed unless were real good and honest though. Bad people have morals and outward appearances to uphold and maintain.

" GOT BEER "

Re: Okay quick question 01/18/2004 08:17 AM CST
<<Plus the area between the airport and the strip is kinda nasty, lots of smut bars and not so nice people about.
DaMaddWebba

home sweet home.

~Bre

Keep sending the thugs, cause until things change, I'm keepin my title.
Re: Okay quick question 02/21/2006 11:32 PM CST
I will be driving into vegas.
One night I might be willing to drive some people around.. if my luck at the tables dont hold out.
If you see me at the con, feel free to ask for a ride. I might say no, but it will be fun either way.

Re: Okay quick question 02/22/2006 01:12 AM CST
I'm driving too. But I will be drinking first so make sure you have your seat belt on.

Which one of the pedals is the one that makes the car go?

- Illcram The Evil Empath