Oscar best picture movies and your opinion. 01/21/2016 07:22 PM CST
So far I've only seen 2 movies nominated for a best picture Oscar, >>Mad Max: Fury Road<< and >>The Revenant<<. I just saw >>The Revenant<<, and I was amazed at the incredible cinematography in that movie. I highly recommend both the movies.

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Re: Oscar best picture movies and your opinion. 01/21/2016 10:11 PM CST
I'm sorry.. but mad max didn't deserve even a nomination for best picture.. It was a a fun action movie.. but it speaks volumes about how boring a year it was if it is nominated.

The revenant looks interesting but nothing about the commercials is really making me want to see it.. I think they really failed with their marketing. Definitely red box or netflix movie for me. I keep hearing great things... and the cast is great so I don't doubt it is worth watching.
Re: Oscar best picture movies and your opinion. 01/21/2016 10:31 PM CST
>I'm sorry.. but mad max didn't deserve even a nomination for best picture.. It was a a fun action movie.. but it speaks volumes about how boring a year it was if it is nominated.

Why not? The cinematography was amazing, the script was pretty good, the music was great, the special effects were top notch.

It wasn't yet another pedantic and tedious rehash of Pride and Prejudice or WW1, but it was a very good movie, technically speaking.
Re: Oscar best picture movies and your opinion. 01/21/2016 10:59 PM CST
So were a lot of movies. That is like saying Jurrasic World deserves it.

I expect something a bit more than a fun summer movie to end up as Best picture.

I probably am overly dismissive since I just don't respect the Oscars anymore in general after Cloud Atlas didn't get a single nomination.
Re: Oscar best picture movies and your opinion. 01/22/2016 01:45 PM CST
<I probably am overly dismissive since I just don't respect the Oscars anymore in general after Cloud Atlas didn't get a single nomination.

Its probably because Halle Berry was in it, and she's black.
Re: Oscar best picture movies and your opinion. 01/22/2016 01:55 PM CST

We are not going there with this discussion.

Thank you.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.