Tomes 09/24/2010 02:05 PM CDT
I'm curious, How many of you have read "Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss? Thoughts if you have? Its one of the better books I've read in my opinion.
Re: Tomes 09/24/2010 02:32 PM CDT
Sequel comes out fairly soon!

(I actually got on the Rothfuss bandwagon late, just didn't get around to it - but it was really good. Also a good example of a magic heavy Bard.)

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Tomes 09/27/2010 04:34 PM CDT
<<Sequel comes out fairly soon!>>

Sure, if you consider May of next year "soon".

Then again, you're a GM, so...you probably do. ;)

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DragonRealms/60215414412
Re: Tomes 09/27/2010 05:41 PM CDT
<<May of next year >>

If you are a player, it would be whatever half of "soon" is.

-The Smiling Halfing
Re: Tomes 09/27/2010 05:42 PM CDT
I see the word soon, and i picture GMs laughing as they are working on something else entirely.
Re: Tomes 09/27/2010 07:24 PM CDT
May is "soon".

"Soon" is Dance with Dragons.

I was recently at a Sanderson signing and he was talking about release dates for the rest of the Stormlight Archive and he made a joke (At least I think it was a joke...) about how he had no idea how rabid fans hadn't burned down GRRM's home yet.

Of course there's worse then that. You could be an Effinger fan where he wrote 3 books in the Marid series, one short story that takes place after the planned 5 book arc that shows it's going in a totally different and interesting direction than expected, the first two chapters of book 4... and then spent the last 10 years of his life drinking and using drugs without ever writing another word of the series.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Tomes 09/28/2010 01:21 PM CDT
<<"Soon" is Dance with Dragons.

I was recently at a Sanderson signing and he was talking about release dates for the rest of the Stormlight Archive and he made a joke (At least I think it was a joke...) about how he had no idea how rabid fans hadn't burned down GRRM's home yet.

I think there would a mob geting ready, if not for the hbo show coming out soon to distract us.
Re: Tomes 09/28/2010 08:53 PM CDT
>>I was recently at a Sanderson signing and he was talking about release dates for the rest of the Stormlight Archive and he made a joke (At least I think it was a joke...) about how he had no idea how rabid fans hadn't burned down GRRM's home yet.

In the time since the last book in the series, I have discovered the series, read it, forgotten much of it, reread it, forgotten it again, and stopped caring.

The only other series that so expertly moved me from deep interest to complete apathy was Wheel of Time.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas