Book Ready for Submission 08/03/2005 02:06 PM CDT
I have completed a book that I would like to submit for in-game publishing. To whom shall I send it, or with whom should I communicate? Thanks in advance.

-Fierolan's player
Re: Book Ready for Submission 08/07/2005 01:49 PM CDT
I am just curious if your question has been answered yet.

~Halanny
Re: Book Ready for Submission 08/08/2005 11:56 AM CDT
<<I am just curious if your question has been answered yet.>>

I'm afraid not. I've actually been trying to get this done for months, but with no success.

-Fierolan's player
Re: Book Ready for Submission 08/09/2005 12:09 PM CDT
The new bard ability to recall (was that it?) and cleric ability to speak of the Immortals brought a surprising amount of praise from players. This is a good indication there is a strong desire to see more lore and more reading references brought to the realms.

I would hope that someone with weight to their efforts recognizes this.

Fierolan's player, I would suggest emailing Events. dr-events@play.net They should be able to help you. My motive for seeing you persue this would be to see the libraries of the realms continue to add new shelves and books to them.

I think books make for a wonderful timeline and a way to record history as it happens. We need more.

Hoping that made sense,

~Halanny
Re: Book Ready for Submission 08/09/2005 05:02 PM CDT
Halanny, thank you very much for your suggestions. I actually have emailed the Events folks over the last couple of months. I've emailed them about various things, including the book, and I feel like I've been pestering them a bit too much. That's why I turned back to the boards, which I had originally tried. I am hoping that everyone was just busy with the fest, and perhaps I will hear from them when things die down.

-Fierolan's player
Re: Book Ready for Submission 08/09/2005 09:45 PM CDT
Hello, Fierolan:

For you and anyone else interested in submitting books for in-game publication: if you have a manuscript to submit, send it to DR-LIBRARIES@Play.net, not to the Events folks. They have nothing to do with books. Please send your manuscript as a plain text file (not as an attachment). I'm in charge of the in-game books now, and questions about the procedure or follow-ups on submitted materials should be addressed to me at dr-Bartlebee@play.net or posted here.

Thanks,
Bartlebee
Re: Book Ready for Submission 08/09/2005 10:18 PM CDT
Thank you very much for your reply, Bartlebee. I didn't know about the DR-LIBRARIES address. I'll send along the manuscript. <g>

-Fierolan's player
Re: Book Ready for Submission 08/09/2005 11:59 PM CDT
>>Thank you very much for your reply, Bartlebee. I didn't know about the DR-LIBRARIES address. I'll send along the manuscript. <g>

Be nice if could see that one listed in the oes with the command to pull up the different e-mails for simu stuff. Might not be helpful to a lot of people, but sure would be helpful to some.

Brabs

Ternith whispers to your group, "the Barbarian never retreats...the warrior will take use of falling back to a better position to kill."