Book Publishing question 03/26/2004 12:41 PM CST
Though my pathetic attempt at fan fiction I've kind of created a back story to the Necromancers (long before there being talk of the guild) and I was wonding if in publishing a "legends" or "obsecure rumor" type book would be do-able in those respects? I have it "rumored" that a not to radically evil Necromancer actually did some study of his own people and concluded that he had found who the very first Necromancer was. Now obviously if my book was published, then it would only have a few lines devoted to it and it would still read like a legend or rumor, but I would be naming names... and origins for that matter. Would that be history, or would that fall into the "everyday people that are just out there" kind of thing. Now I'm not going to say the first Necro destroyed anything big or anything, so I'm not exactly being historical or leaving any big mark in his wake.

I also understand that Necros are suposed to be hush hush, but everyone knows of Sidhlot and the bone elves and there have been others. I wouldn't me saying they exist in any guild format, I just hinting at where genetically and arcanely the ability for Necromancy comes from... supposedly.

Could this be published, both a "legend" or "rumor" book in general, plus this section of the book with the vague Necromancer origin? I just like figuring out the back stories for things, espcially those that the GMs don't explain (at least they wern't touched back when I came up with this).

-Mako

"Statisics show there are more children in the world today... that's China's fault."
"Where did you hear that!?!"
"...Regis."