A Long Shot... 11/15/2009 12:35 AM CST
Figured I'd throw this out there as the holiday's approach.

Anyone stationed in Japan out there be interested in meeting up during or inbetween the holidays? Sasebo/Yokosuka areas are where I'll be at varying times. Let me know by dropping me a line at my play.net e-mail address or replying to this thread.

If no one else plays from Japan, that's cool too.

Very Respectfully,

Lodietrus
Re: A Long Shot... 11/15/2009 05:33 PM CST
If you're in Sasebo or Yokosuka, you're Navy I imagine?

I'm not stationed in Japan but I've been to Yokosuka and there's a bunch of guys at my current command who were stationed there for years.

I'm curious as to what rate you are?
Re: A Long Shot... 11/15/2009 08:22 PM CST
Yes, Navy. My ship is home-ported in Sasebo. Amphibs for the win...? If you read the Navy Times, my ship has been on the cover two or three times this year, and neither time was it because we passed INSURV in September. Oh what a good year it has been for us!

No rate. Designator is 1160, unqualified SWO. Go ahead, make your Ensigns jokes now. Sound powered phone batteries, keys to the sea chest, bulkhead remover, the HT punch, mail buoy watch, tighten the MPA's nuts, etc.

At least I'm not a slimy wog!

Very Respectfully,

Lodietrus
Re: A Long Shot... 11/15/2009 08:38 PM CST
Haha, no Ensign jokes here. Navy times is slightly hard to access here at this AFB we've got a det at but I'll try and see what I can find as far as older articles. I have a BM buddy from boot that's actually at sasebo. I'll have to get in touch with him too.

MA here, in case you're wondering.
Re: A Long Shot... 11/15/2009 10:13 PM CST
BM huh? I was a Deck Divo for 6 months before I was 'promoted' to Admin Divo to focus on Safety. Wouldn't that be something if he were on my ship? Such a small world...

Everyone need's an MA! We have a new MAC on board and he's awesome. I'm trying to get him to let me take his SRF-B/Non-Lethal Weapons course so I can get qualified as an ATWO. But I digress.

For those wondering about Yokosuka, I'll be up there for awhile in between the Holidays and would probably be available to meet up if anyone is in the area. Same goes for non-military who are in the Tokyo area.

Very Respectfully,

Lodietrus
Re: A Long Shot... 12/11/2009 02:08 PM CST
As the signature says, MM2/SS.

No Ranger Stands Alone.

MM2/SS, USN