Tragic Loss 06/16/2009 09:25 PM CDT
Ladies and Gentlemen, we've lost one of our own.

During the night of Saturday, June 13th, or sometime in the early morning of Sunday, June 14th, Fire Control Technician Seaman (Submarine Qualified) Christoper J. Ulibarri was cut down by enemy fire outside of Fallujah, Iraq.

CJ is a good friend of mine, and a DR player.

He is survived by no relatives, and will be flown home sometime in the next 2-3 weeks for burial (presumably at Arlington National Cemetary).

The truly tragic thing is that I spoke with him on Friday afternoon, ~36 hours before he died.

Regardless, we're now missong one of our own. CJ played the young thief, Gharrick, and the loud-mouthed Ranger, Marclah.

As I said before, he has no family that I know of, so I don't know whom to send flowers (if any) to. I'll get back to y'all about it.

~Rantjur Uzim

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Tragic Loss 06/16/2009 09:37 PM CDT
>As I said before, he has no family that I know of, so I don't know whom to send flowers (if any) to. I'll get back to y'all about it.

Please do.
Re: Tragic Loss 06/17/2009 12:13 AM CDT
My heart just aches at this news, just aches.

Thank you for your sacrafice CJ, I did not know you but you gave your life for your country and I respect you and anyone else that even puts themselves in harms way for the benefit of others.

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Re: Tragic Loss 06/17/2009 02:20 AM CDT
sometimes family is bigger than blood. wishing peace to him and those who love him.

<3
Re: Tragic Loss 06/25/2009 12:01 AM CDT
Thanks for your service. Thanks for your sacrifice. Thanks for being a member of this community.

(Can this please stop now?)

Adam