Iraq 07/09/2007 10:05 AM CDT
so, been here almost three months now... was curious. How many DR Folks are there in Iraq, and just outta curiosity, any of you at/rotate through Kalsu?

Tean
Re: Iraq 12/24/2007 07:30 AM CST
I'm in Iraq right now, bouncing around from place to place. Just left FOB Delta down in Al Kut on the Iranian border, right now I'm at Iskan, I think this is somewhere near Kalsu. We drove through there recently :p I remember seeing it on the BFT when we were driving. I'll be in the Iskan (Iskandariyah) area for a little bit, though.

~Roryh
Playing DR in Iraq 01/14/2008 09:59 PM CST
Funny enough, looking at all the past posts about people trying or wanting to know how to play DR while in Iraq, I've got a little secret. I did for a few months while I was there. I had it fairly decent though. Basically went to Iraq and pulled a 9-5 job. Got cross-leveled to a Postal unit and that was my mission. Right in the center of the International Zone/Green Zone. The MWR computers were too slow to allow for DR. They basically only allowed for checking e-mail/myspace/facebook/etc. Anything beyond that was pointless. Now where I got lucky is that we had Iraqi supplied internet for $35 a month. While not always the most reliable, I could sit in my room and play DR when not working. Also, COBs Liberty and Victory have internet that allows for someone to even play WoW if you are willing to fork over the $65+ for internet access.

I've been back for just over a year now and let me tell you coming from internet there back to my nice DSL and Cable connections back home is so nice.

Brad