Hello 08/22/2005 08:45 AM CDT
Hello,

Just saying hello to everyone who shares the DR/Military parallel and even those who don't. I'm currently, "serving-time" in the ARMY at NTC Ft. Irwin, CA home of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment with an 11B/11C MOS. Irwin is located in...nowhereville, right between Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and a bit south of Death Valley. Was a corporal, then attended OCS, wherein I was an officer candidate for two months until I broke my collar-bone during a rugby game/PT event. :( Having a broken collar bone kind of makes it hard to carry a rucksack or jump out of an airplane, et cetera....so now, I'm back to enlisted and waiting the 5 to 11 months that I have left until Ican throw my boots over the telephone wires and go finish school. My thoughts are with anyone who is overseas, as my father just left for Iraq for a 6 to 12 month tour.

Player of,

Murdock Vanderbilt.
Hello out there 10/31/2006 08:26 AM CST
Hey all. Just thought I'd toss in a hello. Its been a while since I have been around these boards.

Military has been keeping me busy...OCS is kicking my rear, but in that oh so good way. After this if all goes well I'll be headed to flight school. BlackHawks may be my new mode of transportation soon. All good times.

Player of Tonika
Re: Hello out there 10/31/2006 08:49 PM CST
Good luck in flight school, sir! Just remember to be kind to the petroleum supply guys, we like it and you don't like water in your JP8! Just kidding.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
(Petitioning for Last Names for Elanthians of not so olde)
(Hoping for E5 soon! W00t! Got to love promotion boards.)
Re: Hello out there 11/03/2006 10:02 PM CST
OCS? SIr yes sir!

Mustangs make the best officers.

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."
Re: Hello out there 11/04/2006 05:19 AM CST
feel compelled to post that i think everyone that wanted to see some combat because of the promotionability that it offers...has.

im a little tired of everyone dying.

get out and vote on tuesday. lets get out of this mess.

:oP Ragran
Re: Hello out there 11/29/2006 03:52 PM CST
School date for March! Reclassing to 19D Cav Scout.

If you aint Cav, you aint..

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Hello out there 11/29/2006 04:17 PM CST
Ahh, Fort Knox in the Spring and Agony, Heartbreak and Moth... um Misery.

Take a battalion for your first assignment (if you get the chance), infantry if you like to ruck; armor if you don't care to ruck as much. Stay out of Cav Troops unless you like being just another face in the crowd.

Allons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
Re: Hello out there 11/29/2006 07:30 PM CST
Did four years at 10th mountain. Don't like rucking, but I don't notice it so much anymore.

Also I've had my eyes freeze closed more than once. Thats not really relavant, but you can't talk about fort drum without mentioning that your eyes have frozen closed.

Chris

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Hello out there 12/02/2006 03:17 PM CST
My sis was up at Fort Drum awhile. I hear it gets mighty cold. Groton, CT gets bad, from the coast, but I don't think I've ever seen something THAT cold.

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."